Upper Idler Pullies

Mez

Big $how
Established Member
What is the best kit out there, I saw the "duece" kit on LFP site .. any other suggestions .. I figured since I'm going to get the truck tuned in a week or so I'd go ahead and take care of this so I dont' run into any problems !

Thanks

Mez

Big $how
Established Member
It seems decently priced and looks like it willbe effective .. just wondering what others are running ...

Mez

Big $how
Established Member
Just from reading .. The pulley set up I mentioned above allows the belt to wrap around the blower pulley more completely, about 89%, allowing more contact therefore less slip and the fact that they are lighter plays into the belt moving more freely and therefore less slipping ...

volcomsurf76

Mr.Awesome
Established Member
100mm's can help with belt slip because of more "wrap". My stock ones just went yesterday so im looking to pick up 2 100mm's. Where is the best place/price?

red-light

I see the light
Established Member
may be a dumb question but what do the idler pulleys do? do they help reduce belt slip? if so how?

basically its adding another pully right under the upper supercharger pully so it makes the belt wrap around the upper pully

GUYS ABOVE ALREADY ANSWERD

Mez

Big $how
Established Member
Naw man .. its cool.. I'm looking for the best buy as well .. thats why i posted it up :thumbsup:

throttle jockey

Stock Block 11 Sec. Club
Established Member
For the money I say get the Magnum Powers idler bracket. I ran the Metco idler for about two years and it did its job, but I always thought it looked tacky. The MP bracket looks factory and in theory works better since it wraps the belt on the passenger side of the pulley. Reuse the OEM idlers, and buy one more from a member here to fill the third spot.

http://www.magnumpowers.com/light_access.php

As far as idler pulleys go, I'm not into bling and can't justify spending in upwards of $90 each for a "mod" that doesn't increase performance. I bought three bearings from Napa on Wednesday for $33 and some change. Within twenty minutes my three OEM 90mm idlers were like new. Should be good for another 50,000+ miles. When the grease slings out of these bearings, I'll be back to Napa. Hell, for about the cost of one aftermarket idler all three of my OEM idlers can have new bearing three times... by the third set the truck should be a classic.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread