UPR products?

1999WhiteSVT

STLMustangs.com
Established Member
hey guys what is the overall concensus on UPR products? i know their shifter is crap, but as far as suspension how are they? i know they are a little cheaper than other brands, but does this translate into you get what you pay for, or are they just a good deal?

oh and please dont turn this into a MM preaching thread.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
I've seen UPR stuff at FFW and I was impressed.

Good stuff for the price.

The only one I've heard of breaking is GMS.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
The UPR exhaust products are decent, especially for hte price. I have no clue on teh suspension componants however.

I personally would recomend saving a bit further and going with Maximum Motorsports or Griggs. Both companies produce high quality componants and have the knowledge and R&D to back up their products.

KingCobra10Sec

Project Cobra R in Progre
Established Member
Dont Buy There Clutch Cable, I Had Ford Install It, And It Popped At The Quadrant 2 Weeks Later, And I Dont Drive My Car Often....

stangsx2

Established Member
Got a few nice things from them. Dress up parts mainly. Good stuff all of it.

slo-ryd

SCT Certified
Established Member
I use UPR suspension parts and they're top notch. More wins & records than any other brand. The "Big Mouth" air filters and bling are nice too.
UPR K-member kits are very nice pieces with perfect looking welds, thats my next mod. :rockon:

Last edited:

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
KingCobra10Sec said:
Dont Buy There Clutch Cable, I Had Ford Install It, And It Popped At The Quadrant 2 Weeks Later, And I Dont Drive My Car Often....

Every aftermarket adjustable cable I've used has broken. Ones from Steeda, Autozone.

they are all crap.

slo-ryd

SCT Certified
Established Member
Torch10th said:
Does the UPR k-member correct some of the geometry issues with teh suspension like the griggs and MM units do?

What geometry issues do the MM and Griggs address?
At almost two and half times the price of the UPR, they should do something more for you I suppose.

I'll admit not ever seeing the other kits, I can only go by what we've installed. The UPR kits fit and finish is always spot on.

snake bite 03

1999WhiteSVT said:
hey guys what is the overall concensus on UPR products? i know their shifter is crap, but as far as suspension how are they? i know they are a little cheaper than other brands, but does this translate into you get what you pay for, or are they just a good deal?

oh and please dont turn this into a MM preaching thread.

I got their shifter and like it alot have had no problems with it..

viperbluelx

Sexton's Performance
Established Member
UPR suspension parts are TOP NOTCH if you are looking for a street/strip setup. Just look at all the cars at the NMRA or FFW races that use their stuff and watch their cars go down the track. This forum is full of Maximum Motorsports nutswingers, but unless you are into hard core corner carving then I don't think it's necessary.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Torch10th said:
Truth. The factory clutch cable is the piece you want.
is there a way to get the Ford factory cable, in adjustable style though? i have an adjustable cable/quadrant/firewall adjuster combo on mine. my cable broke a couple of nights ago and don't want it to happen again.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Twistedoffpurp said:
Use a stock replacement cable and the quadrant and firewall adjuster. Best combo IMO.

I hope you're not talking about the stock quadrant.

Just use the stock cable. You don't need an adustable one.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
whoa, i'm confused. i didn't think you could run the stock cable with a non stock quadrant. i thought you needed an adjustable cable to go with it(one that has a nut on the end that attatches to the clutch fork). the stock one just has that slide in button style thing. can i just use a stock cable with the button style thing and the firewall adjuster will take care of all of the slack issue, correct? thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread