UPR products?

slo-ryd

SCT Certified
Established Member
99riocobra said:
can i just use a stock cable with the button style thing and the firewall adjuster will take care of all of the slack issue, correct? thanks!

Correct... stock cable with the aftermarket quad and firewall adjuster.
You might have to take the rubber bushing off of the cable and trim the little plastic ears off so it will go into the adjuster... you'll see what needs to be done.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
viperbluelx said:
UPR suspension parts are TOP NOTCH if you are looking for a street/strip setup. Just look at all the cars at the NMRA or FFW races that use their stuff and watch their cars go down the track. This forum is full of Maximum Motorsports nutswingers, but unless you are into hard core corner carving then I don't think it's necessary.

I agree and I'm a self-proclaimed MM nutswinger. I have several buddies that run UPR stuff. It is good street/strip stuff.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
slo-ryd said:
You might have to take the rubber bushing off of the cable and trim the little plastic ears off so it will go into the adjuster... you'll see what needs to be done.
yes, i am looking at my stock one and it's the same as the adjustable one that broke as in taking off that rubber bushing and clip thing. so the stock one will work w/ the fw adjuster. thanks so much!!!

Twistedoffpurp

Established Member
slo-ryd said:

Thanks for backing me up on this one. Yes you do have to trim the plastic ears off to make it fit in the fw adjuster.

bouncer18

Established Member
I use there Blue Thunder shifer and after 2 years it is still great... took some time to "work it in" but you cant tell the difference between it and a Pro 5.0

I have there suspension and the coil over kit is really an Eibach kit...

there K member is cromoly and its top notch
my first one was defective and after 1 phone call i had a new one next day air'ed over to me without having to go any further then the guy that answered the phone.

Great guys, very friendly, highly recommend

cSoVbTr0a1

Established Member
dallas mustang jewed me with a UPR clutch quadrent when i paid for a steeda, snapped 2 ford clutch cables due to the poorly disigned pos UPR quadrent

elyrain

Established Member
I don't see how a cable could snap twice from a faulty quadrant?

Thanks for the info on this thread because I was torn about getting a mm or upr k-member/coil overs. For the price I'm gonna go with the upr stuff and see how it works out.

1999WhiteSVT

STLMustangs.com
Established Member
anyone know if they will sell just the k member with a arms? i dont really need the springs, since by the time i buy this i will already have them.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
the only thing is is that with a tubular k, you have to run coilovers. you cannot run the stock style springs. the tubular a-arms along with the tubular-k do not have the spring perches on them. hence the reason you get coilovers with the k member as a package deal. :thumbsup:

Twistedoffpurp

Established Member
Sometimes the quadrants have a little to much material leaving sharp edges where the cable rides slowly cutting away at the cable. It is a common problem with any machined quadrants. UPR will sell you just the K-member and A-arms but as riocobra said you do need coilovers. I think QA1 offers A-arms with spring perches on them but there is no garuntee that their A-arms will work with the UPR K-member, every brand is developed differently.

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member
viperbluelx said:
This forum is full of Maximum Motorsports nutswingers.

Haha! Its so damn true. The little bit of stuff I ordered form MM wasn't ANY better then the cheap stuff I ended up getting that was just as good. I can't justify the pricing on a lot of their products either. :dw:

1999WhiteSVT

STLMustangs.com
Established Member
sonic_4.6 said:
Haha! Its so damn true. The little bit of stuff I ordered form MM wasn't ANY better then the cheap stuff I ended up getting that was just as good. I can't justify the pricing on a lot of their products either. :dw:
THANK YOU!!!!! i thought i was the only person that thought they were WAY overpriced

Users who are viewing this thread