UPS fails!

jeffro1265

Rice Eater
Established Member
so this is the second time ive had an issue with UPS in the last year. i recently baught a tranny for my car from out of state and had it shipped via ups. i had asked for it to be shipped to the freight terminal off of refugee road since its fairly heavy and big. well ive been tracking it via UPS's website and according to that it was delivered this morning at 9:30 am. so i go to pick it up and they say that they dont have it. so i drive all the way back home. i call UPS and explain to them that the refugee road location doesnt have it. well they insist that it was delivered and signed by a Mr. Weber. so i call the freight terminal back up and ask to speak to Mr. weber but Mr. Weber doesnt exist. im now waiting on a phone call while they search for it. what the ****. im seriously not about to lose 700$ :fm:

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
ouch bro...

On the plus side I just got a screaming deal on a tranny I fo...er bought locally...

1000 and its yours..

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
its prolly on a truck out to delivery, thus the hub did not physically have it. Unless you are supposed to physically pick it up at the hub.

Quantum View takes a bit to update sometimes. I just got a box of detailing supplies about a half hour ago, and tracking still shows it as just reaching the hub. Itll be correct tonight more than likely.

olefafl

Established Member
well they insist that it was delivered and signed by a Mr. Weber. so i call the freight terminal back up and ask to speak to Mr. weber but Mr. Weber doesnt exist.

its prolly on a truck out to delivery, thus the hub did not physically have it. Unless you are supposed to physically pick it up at the hub.

Quantum View takes a bit to update sometimes. I just got a box of detailing supplies about a half hour ago, and tracking still shows it as just reaching the hub. Itll be correct tonight more than likely.

If it was still on a truck it would not show "Mr. Webber" signed for it.
I hope they find it for you.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
the only thing that smells alil fishy is that one hub said it was signed by "Mr. Webber" and the other hub says he doesn't exist. since you didn't get insurance (which is by far the stupidest move you may have ever made, sorry) mean's that something might have happened and UPS is getting over. i had a bad experience with shipping via large company when i shipped my KB to get serviced and i got destroyed to the point where i had to get an entirely new blower but thank god i had insurance. UPS is usually very quality tho.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
Only bad experience I've had with them was afer custom ordering a HP HDX "Dragon" (nearly a $2K laptop even after discounts). I was to get it just in time for a business trip to Alaska, and I did. Problem was that it was crushed durring delivery and DOA. 3 weeks later, HP configured a new one and I had the replacement, and it has worked great and been wonderful while traveling. My only complaint is that it is much bigger than the trays at the airports for X-ray scanners and has a tendancy to turn sideways and get stuck in the machines. It got stuck in LAX as well as the old Indianapolis airport's machines. It also gets swabbed for bomb residue about every time since many of the workers haven't seen such a large laptop, and I have to turn it on to prove it's real.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Why would you not put insurance on a delivery like that?

Hope everything works out for you. I'm sure it was just delivered to the wrong hub, or you need to find out if you have any neighbors named Weber.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
I always get weird / incorrect delivery confirmations from UPS.
Usually they say the package was delivered and even give a location, but nothing is actually delivered until the next day.

As a matter of fact, I just got one yesterday that claimed my package was delivered to my front door, but nothing is there. I bet it arrives today instead. I've received MANY like that.

My guess is your tranny will eventually show up.

txyaloo

Established Member
I'm waiting for one now that says this:

PKG DELAY-ADD'L SECURITY CHECK BY GOV'T OR OTHER AGENCY- BEYOND UPS CONTROL / PACKAGE WILL BE DELIVERED NEXT BUSINESS DAY-NO SATURDAY GUARANTEE

It only had to travel a few hundred miles. I'm not too happy with UPS.

99cobra302

Established Member
where i work we ship alot of parts ups and sometimes they do mess up. one time i had a guy call screaming at me because he didnt recieve his order on time. i checked the ups tracking number and it said the delivery was rescheduled because of "train derailment" i lol'd even though the guy who was recieving the part we shipped him was still yelling at me like it was my problem.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I'm waiting for one now that says this:

PKG DELAY-ADD'L SECURITY CHECK BY GOV'T OR OTHER AGENCY- BEYOND UPS CONTROL / PACKAGE WILL BE DELIVERED NEXT BUSINESS DAY-NO SATURDAY GUARANTEE

It only had to travel a few hundred miles. I'm not too happy with UPS.

That is what happens when you order ammo in the mail. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread