Upstate SC Chat

ArtVandalay16

Established Member
03steeda- you're from Seneca? I grew up there. If you're into the racing scene, then I'm sure we know many of the same people.

Sonic03BlueGT

Established Member
Just now noticed there was an upstate thread on here, anyone planning any cruises, get togethers etc in the near future?

Colubra

Carburized
Established Member
Howdy, what part of SC are you in? I havent been out in quite some time. Planning on going to cars and coffee if the weather permits.

Sonic03BlueGT

Established Member
Actually live in Polk NC now, first exit off of i26 in nc. Work in Campobello sc though. About 40 miles from gville

akgsx2002

The Alaskan
Established Member
I'm always up for a cruise or a meet. I'm in Greer but I don't mind driving a bit. Anyone going to Cars & Coffee next weekend?

JW03

Established Member
I'm always up for a cruise or a meet. I'm in Greer but I don't mind driving a bit. Anyone going to Cars & Coffee next weekend?

I know this is about a month late... but cars and coffee is this weekend for September! Who wants to go?

Also, I've seen a bunch of cars meet at Burlington coat factory on Laurens road on sunday nights. Had anybody checked that out?

Last edited:

Colubra

Carburized
Established Member
I think C&C is next Saturday the 28th lol. Nothing on the facebook page yet, I would hang on till they make an event.

I would be interested in the Sunday night meet depending whats on TV football wise :p do you know what time it starts? I remember hearing about this when I had my subaru.

JW03

Established Member
I think C&C is next Saturday the 28th lol. Nothing on the facebook page yet, I would hang on till they make an event.

I would be interested in the Sunday night meet depending whats on TV football wise :p do you know what time it starts? I remember hearing about this when I had my subaru.

Man I couldn't remember if it is the 3rd or 4th Saturday. My bad.

It starts around 9 on sundays. Typically a few nice muscle cars. A lot of ricers.

Extremite

Established Member
Weeeeee. About to drop $2500 on parts for the fox. Anyone in the Gville area know a good, reputable shop to do some engine work or feel like making some cash themselves?

(Head work involved, btw, just to give an idea of how much there is to do.)

Extremite

Established Member
Heads should be getting here today! I'm getting anxious to get this thing back on the road. Once everything is put together I'm gonna go put it on a dyno for some tuning goodness...anyone wanna take a stab at #'s?

BBK CAI + 76mm MAF + 65mm TB
Explorer intake
TFS stage 1 cam
GT40x heads
Scorpion 1.6:1 roller rockers
Mac shorties + off-road H-pipe + Flowmaster 40's
MSD ignition system
Mechanical fan and aircon delete

That's mah little budget build so far. Just looking for a fun DD at the moment.

AznStanger3v

King of the LOL
Established Member
Heads should be getting here today! I'm getting anxious to get this thing back on the road. Once everything is put together I'm gonna go put it on a dyno for some tuning goodness...anyone wanna take a stab at #'s?

BBK CAI + 76mm MAF + 65mm TB
Explorer intake
TFS stage 1 cam
GT40x heads
Scorpion 1.6:1 roller rockers
Mac shorties + off-road H-pipe + Flowmaster 40's
MSD ignition system
Mechanical fan and aircon delete

That's mah little budget build so far. Just looking for a fun DD at the moment.

I'd give you about 325 rwhp. might want to look into some fuel mods if you plan on going any harder

akgsx2002

The Alaskan
Established Member
I didn't make it to C&C last month & not sure if I'll make it this month because of the Street car shootout at Union on the 26th. And as far as the Burlington meets go...they don't anymore. Too many idiots on bikes running around doing burnouts & stuff ruined it for everyone. I know that people are still meeting up though but on Saturday nights now. I know quite a few people meet at Firehouse Subs off of Wade Hampton (and hwy 14) in Greer but I'm not sure where else. I live about 5 minutes from there so if anyone wants to get our own little meet going on then that's cool with me.

Extremite - if you're still looking for someone to do work for you I know a guy that has a shop & lives about 20 minutes from me out towards Travelers Rest, all he does is Mustangs. He's good & has all sorts of parts in his warehouse. Let me know if you want his number.

Extremite

Established Member
Akgsx2002, that would be great. I just called Pro Dyno to get an estimate from them but I would gladly check out someone closer. t

Poppacapp

Established Member
I didn't make it to C&C last month & not sure if I'll make it this month because of the Street car shootout at Union on the 26th. And as far as the Burlington meets go...they don't anymore. Too many idiots on bikes running around doing burnouts & stuff ruined it for everyone. I know that people are still meeting up though but on Saturday nights now. I know quite a few people meet at Firehouse Subs off of Wade Hampton (and hwy 14) in Greer but I'm not sure where else. I live about 5 minutes from there so if anyone wants to get our own little meet going on then that's cool with me.

Extremite - if you're still looking for someone to do work for you I know a guy that has a shop & lives about 20 minutes from me out towards Travelers Rest, all he does is Mustangs. He's good & has all sorts of parts in his warehouse. Let me know if you want his number.

Do they still do the "Mexico runs" on Sunday nights down there? Might be interested in coming down one weekend, if I can get a contact person to....direct me to the border area. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread