Urban legends and Wives Tales

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
What are some of your favorites or things you grew up with or still believe in?

I decided to make this thread after a bird just flew into my window at my house, as a kid every time this would happen someone would die in my family...kinda weird but this is one of those wives tales lol.

Ive also heard of a cure for fever in a baby, slicing up raw white onions and placing them into the baby socks and putting the socks on the baby for a night. Some crazy stuff out there that people used to practice

corruptor

Established Member
I'm Chinese - here are some superstitious stuff that I was brainwashed with:

Whistling at night wakes the dead :sleeping:
Cleaning the house immediately after the first sign(s) of spring means you're washing away good luck :nono:
Bunch of crap about the zodiac and 12 animals/signs (e.g., the pig/boar is the luckiest sign and all pig/boar people will have blessed lives. Or, pig/boar people are not compatible with tiger people since tigers naturally eat pigs). :smmon:

GTRdone

Established Member
I've heard this story so many times and in so many variations it's crazy...

Urban Legend:

Rich guy is driving blacked out sportscar/supercar at night at 180 mph with no headlights on. He's only using NVGs and he passes a cop that's shooting radar and it flashes 180/200mph. Next night/next week the same thing happens and then finally the next week the cops either put up a speed trap or finally find him crashed in a ditch with a shitload of drugs or whatever else the storyteller can think of...

I think someone should make a motivational poster or the like for this story in more eloquent words...

ThatOneCobra

Go Ducks !
Established Member

Urban Legend:

Rich guy is driving blacked out sportscar/supercar at night at 180 mph with no headlights on. He's only using NVGs and he passes a cop that's shooting radar and it flashes 180/200mph. Next night/next week the same thing happens and then finally the next week the cops either put up a speed trap or finally find him crashed in a ditch with a shitload of drugs or whatever else the storyteller can think of...

I think someone should make a motivational poster or the like for this story in more eloquent words...

Ummmmmmmmmm??

Wat??
:shrug:

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member

Urban Legend:

I knew the one you were talking about.

snopes.com: Night Vision Glasses While Driving

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
I guess I used to hear that if you went to bed without drying your hair (after a shower) you'll wake up blind.

Them there's the old, if you eat chocolate before going to bed, you'll have nightmares.

If you don't say a prayer before eating, you're eating the Devil's food

flS/R

Established Member
chinese proverb from a fortune cookie:

the only way to get pussy is not to be a pussy :poke:

mysterio

Established Member
chinese proverb from a fortune cookie:

the only way to get pussy is not to be a pussy :poke:

There is a company that makes insulting and rude fortune cookies. They are a nice refreshing change from the same old, same old.

I got one of them once that said "disease-infested rats will gnaw on your skull by midnight." So I got that going for me....

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
Urban Legend = '03-'04 Mustang Cobra is the greatest car ever produced....

Zentenk

Established Member
Hold your breathe as you pass a graveyard... I don't remember why.

Take a bath before bed or you get nightmares... still do. Whoever doesn't has a dirty bed.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
not PIITB right when you 1st have sex with a girl is bad luck

Users who are viewing this thread