Used GT350 vs 2018 GT Track Pack 2

deepblue13

Established Member
Looking to add another pony to the stable. I have been eyeing the GT350 since it came out. I want a car I can do minimal suspension mods on and have a good time on the street and at track days.

I can either pick up a used 2017 GT350 in the $54,xxx range here (still eyeballing for lower priced ones) or order a new 2018 GT with the track pack 2 option for $45,xxx MSRP but pay invoice minus the rebates.

What would your opinion be?

Established Member
If you want a stick and not the 10spd, then I'd get the GT350 since it is so rare. The sound and brakes on the GT350 are exceptional, they look stunning, and you will get some of the difference back if you ever sell it.

MastaAce03

Established Member
Hard to beat the new GTs but I sure as hell wouldn’t be paying 45k for one. If you can, give it a year or so,save some money and put that saved money towards mods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boss#301

Established Member
I'm thinking the same but it's something about the gt350 that I can't explain.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Drewsky65

Established Member
Shelby all day, just the name itself is worth it. Better brakes, power band on track, looks, resale, sound, transmission, I can go on... 5,000 per year vs 40,000 units

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Resale. GT350 with extended warranty if you plan to keep stock and use on track.
Can you even get a GT PP2 auto?
The 5.2/Tremec was impressive on track
-J

deepblue13

Established Member
I have an accepted offer on a 2016 GT350 track pack on hold at a dealer a 150 miles away. I am going to try and make it over there this week to put my eyes on it. Trying to figure that out and still have time to load up for the Texas Mile this weekend.

Appreciate all the input. I was leaning towards the GT350 for what I am looking for, also, to add next to my 2012.

Last edited:

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I'd go GT350.
+1.

Weight, looks, sound, RPM, power, aero, brakes, cool factor, drive train cooling, transmission, etc are all a good enough reason to pay the extra amount.

I personally think the PP2 will run with a GT350 on track but I bet the 350 is more fun to drive in pretty much anyway.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
i'd have a hard time paying 54k for a used 350 seeing some go close to invoice brand new lately. i'd say give closer to right over 50-51k, and at that point the GT price makes no sense. i dont think either is a bad choice, but if you factor resale value into it, well, it becomes a no brainer

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Like all of these X vs. X threads.. it all depends on what your goals are.

If you care about resale, buy the gt350 no questions asked.

If you want to be the faster guy in 95% of the driving you'll do (stop light racing, highway, drag strip, roll racing events, 1/2 mile events, etc etc) then you should buy the GT and add FI with the auto a10 trans. You will be extremely tough to beat.

If manual only and you plan on taking it to a road course, well the choice is again, obviously GT350.

deepblue13

Established Member
i'd have a hard time paying 54k for a used 350 seeing some go close to invoice brand new lately. i'd say give closer to right over 50-51k, and at that point the GT price makes no sense. i dont think either is a bad choice, but if you factor resale value into it, well, it becomes a no brainer

I'd jump up and buy immediately if I could find a slightly used 2017 for $50k. Hard to come by around here and even when you sit in front of the dealer with financing and everything laid out they won't budge. Just a waiting game I guess until I find the right one.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
I'd jump up and buy immediately if I could find a slightly used 2017 for $50k. Hard to come by around here and even when you sit in front of the dealer with financing and everything laid out they won't budge. Just a waiting game I guess until I find the right one.
have you tried the 350 owners facebook group? there are always plenty private party for sale, and you will do better than 54k i promise

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
I have not yet but I will look up the group, thank you.
sometimes it takes a little bit to get approved, if you're serious and want me to keep an eye out, i don't mind. just lemme know what color/seats

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice.. how'd you find that? One of the search engines (autotrader, cars.com, etc) or?

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Nice.. how'd you find that? One of the search engines (autotrader, cars.com, etc) or?
the 350 owners facebook group. it is extremely handy if you're shopping or looking for quick info, i'd turn to the forums for tech advice though...

i like to browse autotrader, but those prices are insane compared to some of these, even the private sellers

Users who are viewing this thread