Used GT500's this summer?

Shanezam203

Established Member
Hey all, I am still holding out for a deal on a gt500 but I don't want to break the bank getting one... MSRP is in the 40's for a new one, if I can find one for that.

I'm wondering if we will see any in the 30 - 40k range used this spring / summer, any idea? If NOT, then maybe I will bite the bullet and get one new.

Thanks guys,
Shane

ff500

Established Member
Thats a tough one, The 09 run will probably be a short one, they'll have the 010's coming out at the end of 09, you also have to consider that the msrp of the 09 will probably be more than the 08's. I've also read that SVT won't be involved with the 010 mustang's, dbk or fourcam are the most knowledgable on that topic.

Streetpwr281

Established Member
I think the historical resiliency of the SVT valuations will create an issue finding a used 07' or 08' GT-500 for any less than maybe $38k - $40k at best sometime late in 08'. The Shelby nameplate may provide even further support to used pricing as well. With financing options (ie: interest rates/terms) being better on a new product I would find a new one for MSRP and make the purchase. My .02.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
IMHO the ABSOLUTE cheapest you're going to find would be $40+ range for an '07. $30k you won't see for a year or TWO.

FWIW

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

GT500R

Established Member
the bullet is very cool (dad just bought one), but compared to the Shelby, its such a night and day difference with speed

although the looks on the bullet are VERY cool, but you don't get noticed like you would in a Shelby

352Ford

I make my own
Established Member
I think you are going to be hard pressed for the simple reason most people are probably upside down in their GT-500 (maybe some pride issues too). I have been seeing a few for sale recently and most of the guys are asking over what a new car would cost you. They are obviously not worth that much, but you can't sell a car for less money than you owe on it.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
I agree. I'm talking about new ones. I've seen several just this week go for MSRP. You wont want a used one. The new ones will be cheaper.

chuckstang

Established Member
I agree, get a new one.
You can find msrp and now that they are going to produce it for a million years, Id say you could find a new one for less than msrp by maybe next winter.

Mikesan

First Mustang
Established Member
I posted about a new 08 White/Blue in Sacramento at MSRP. Spring is here and prices should hold on them thru summer. I'd only buy used if it was completely stock and had less than 2000 miles. And then only for $5K under MSRP. Haven't seen anything like that for sale.

Rosco P

Bitter clinger…
Established Member
A TON of people paid 60k plus for this car. Some still sell for 5k over. Then you have to add for the mods.

You can have mine mid forties. You can get a new one for mid forties if you look hard enough and want white and blue like everybody else.

I think mid forties is the best you're going to do right now I think but good luck either way.

drmustang

Banned
A TON of people paid 60k plus for this car. Some still sell for 5k over. Then you have to add for the mods.

You can have mine mid forties. You can get a new one for mid forties if you look hard enough and want white and blue like everybody else.

I think mid forties is the best you're going to do right now I think but good luck either way.

It makes absolutely no difference what so ever what the original owner of these cars paid initially when it is time for resale. A 2nd owner is not going to be receptive to absorbing the original owner's ADM loss. The car will sell for what the market will bear at any point in time. An original owner who agreed to an inflated price at some previous point in time can not force a selling price.

chuckstang

Established Member
It makes absolutely no difference what so ever what the original owner of these cars paid initially when it is time for resale. A 2nd owner is not going to be receptive to absorbing the original owner's ADM loss. The car will sell for what the market will bear at any point in time. An original owner who agreed to an inflated price at some previous point in time can not force a selling price.

:lol1:

The owner ultimately determines what they want to sell it for, and most do not want to lose 10-20k after just one year of owning.
You are wrong anyway, because look at what used GT500s are selling for, they are typically not selling because the owners want to much, but many can and will hold onto them in order to not lose their pants!

drmustang

Banned
:lol1:

The owner ultimately determines what they want to sell it for, and most do not want to lose 10-20k after just one year of owning.
You are wrong anyway, because look at what used GT500s are selling for, they are typically not selling because the owners want to much, but many can and will hold onto them in order to not lose their pants!

Thank You Chuck as you have made my point. The sellers you mention who ask more than what the market will bear are not achieving a sale as they are not able to "force" a price level. No more complicated than that.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
the only reason i would go used is that here in az a private party used car sale is not taxed.

new gt500 msrp 43k + 1300(gas tax) + 700(delivery) + 9%(dealer fees and taxes) ~ 49/50k otd

used gt500 45k ~ 45k + 300/400(license/reg) 45.4otd +5k for a twin screw....:beer:

Last edited:

chuckstang

Established Member
Thank You Chuck as you have made my point. The sellers you mention who ask more than what the market will bear are not achieving a sale as they are not able to "force" a price level. No more complicated than that.

Could not agree more
:beer:

ViperBlueCobra

5.0 FTW
Established Member

I guess it would depend if someon financed the car or someone paid cash for it.

When I was looking I found a used one at a Mercedes Dealer ship and the guy showed me the inovice and paper work they guy paid for the GT500 and it show 70k. And the guy trading the gt500 in, got a 120k bemer. So I don't think his loss hurt him. But for most guys in the market for this car, will need financing of some sorts. So if you financed the ADM, your screwed like the housing market. :eek:

Shanezam203

Established Member
Thanks guys for all the responses, I see how the used ones can be just as much...
I was able to find a Red new one for MSRP.
But I still passed on it, it was a new 08 with NAV for $47k + ttl...

I ended up just getting a c6...

Maybe oneday when the prices come down on the gt500's I will be back in a Ford. :beer:Shane

Users who are viewing this thread