Used mustang prices...

robvas

Established Member
Remember when you could get a clean New edge with under 100k for like 6-7k? Now these people want $10,000 for a 140k mile car

Remember when a 94-98 Cobra wasn't worth shit! Nobody wanted them. You could get a built one for 12k or could barely give a stock one away.

A clean Mach 1 used to be a $12-13,000 car and now they are $20k!

People want $15k for 100k mile cars with a couple useless mods like SR coilovers and a BBK TB. $15k for cars with a non intercooled S trim and the stock block. Even rusted out shit cars are listed for $7,000

I won't even get into S197 prices...

INSANITY

It's also somewhat funny to see a car listed and description is copy/pasted from this website or another mustang forum from a ten year old post!

Defknotzero

Established Member
Yep. It's not just mustangs though. It's a lot of performance based cars.

Either way, if the sellers find a buyer for that type of sucker money, more power to them.

Detroit Iron

Established Member
Premium Member
It's everywhere. From enthusiast cars to trucks to SUVs. The china virus turned the car world upsidedown. I follow some of the BaT foxbody auctions, what people are paying for some of these cars is plain stupid. I've noticed aftermarket parts prices go way up too. We'll see how long this can last.

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
Everything is going through the roof. I have been watching the Lexus LS400 and 430’s because I could use a dd replacement. The LS430 has almost double in price from a year ago, can’t even find decent 400’s around.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
So many contrary pressures on the economy. I still think this will be a more traditional Fall where prices get more reasonable. The performance parts market seems to be softening, which I think is a tell.

robvas

Established Member
I've seen some crap like an 04 GTO with a cam and a couple boltons, and a blow trans, for 18k

Some people are just stupid

I've seen supercharged 11-14 cars for $25k and under again, and then I see some C5's are making it back in to the 12-14k range...there's hope in site, plus it's going to be winter soon in a lot of the country.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So many contrary pressures on the economy. I still think this will be a more traditional Fall where prices get more reasonable. The performance parts market seems to be softening, which I think is a tell.

I hope you're right. All lead economists in the industry say we'll still end the year at or above YOY.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I hope you're right. All lead economists in the industry say we'll still end the year at or above YOY.

The regular new and used market is crazy and unpredictable. They underproduced and are spending money on EV like women unleased on their first craft sale after lockdown. Sports cars fall into the more discretionary side and there the softening economy will have more effect, I think, especially on the under $100,000 market. The higher end sports cars will continue to see buying pressure from the impending ICE/emission bans. Ferrari production was sold out for the next 2 years I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread