Vague PA tint laws?

Ibleedblue13

Established Member
Don't want this to come off the wrong way but how does additional tint on L.E.O. vehicles allow them to perform their job's more effectively? Some of the towns in my area have tint so dark you can't even tell if there's an officer in the car or not

ModularFan

Established Member
Don't want this to come off the wrong way but how does additional tint on L.E.O. vehicles allow them to perform their job's more effectively? Some of the towns in my area have tint so dark you can't even tell if there's an officer in the car or not

I often wondered this as well, I've seen plenty marked and unmarked vehicles tinted out pretty well, but yet you could still tell its a police car, whether you saw the lights in the grill or small leds on the license plate. and the small antenna in the middle or corner of the back window, and some have the AVL device on the car, it gives away its stealth apperance.

I say see state troopers all the time with tinted windows on marked and unmarked cars, most of the time they're ranked officers anyway. I too don't see what they can or cant accomplish with or without tinted windows. perhaps a drug raid etc? I've seen that done without tinted out vehicles, JMO. perhaps radar? again I've seen it done without the tint as well. something tells me its just a law they put a clause in for Law enforcement officers just because.

Users who are viewing this thread