Values

ralphcobra

Established Member
I bought my 03 cobra convertible new with rebates for 33,000.00 on a sticker price of 40,000.00. I thought then and I still feel at this time that I got a helluva deal on a great car. Still have the car and would not sell it even though prices have sure taken a tumble for the 03 and 04 recently.
When the GT500 came out , I wouldn't buy one until I found one new at Msrp . That took almost two years for me to buy my 08.I didn't have the same good feeling paying msrp for the shelby that I did when I bought the terminator. In hindsight, I should have waited slightly longer and bought an 09 instead, I just didn't think I would be seeing the shelby sell for thousands under msrp, but if you were to look in ebay for the shelby now, wow, it is loaded with cars that are not even bringing close to msrp.
I do love my gt500, just like I love my terminator, but I am now convinced, no matter what car becomes available on the market in the future, you should never and I mean never pay msrp for it and certainly no amount over msrp. Regardless of the information put out by the motor companies, there wasn't even supposed to be a 09 shelby, they are going to do what is best for their bottom line and anything that you might hear about low production numbers is really just a sales gimmick.
Th economy is trying to tank and it is hurting most everyone, but the motor companies were hurting themselves with false statements long before the downward economy started taking its toll on them.. I love all my Fords, but I no longer have any respect for Ford Motor co...period

pack018

Established Member
I told myself the same thing! first it was a 2 year production for the GT-500 then 3 years and now I just saw that Ford displayed the 2010 Shelby GT500.. and I remember seeing the production numbers for 2007-2008 and I remember they were around 11,000-12,000 for each year. I also remember going to a dealership here in NJ back in June 2008 (All American Ford) and I asked the salesman why were the Shelby's were 10k-15k over MSRP and he told me that Ford was only making a Total of 300 cars. Even after I printed the Production numbers for 2007 from the Ford website and showed it to him, he wouldn't have it. The part that makes me sick is that some older guy went in that day and Paid 20k over MSRP. The funny part is that same guy was trying to sell his car in sept. he was asking I think 50k for a used car!!! I also refused to pay anything over MSRP. I was going to put 15k down and i have a Credit score of 760 and they still wouldn't have it. I tired 4 different dealerships until I finally gave up. Now I'm going to buy the 2010 Shelby which is gona have More Power new interior for under MSRP!!!!!!!! Who's laughing now !!!!!!!

rdsnk46

Established Member
No regrets! I paid MSRP for my car, it happens to be the first car I've ever bought brand new. It's only money and you cant take it with you.......................

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
No regrets here either. It's the first car I paid MSRP for and one of the first cars (if not the first) delivered to a WI dealer.

The car was two months old when it made it's maiden voyage to the track! I had a blast! You can't put a price tag on that! My favorite part of the track event was passing the guy in the C6-Z06! :dancenana:

It was most definitely the best and coolest Mustang Ford had built to date!

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

ralphcobra

Established Member
I didn't make a mistake buying the car. Mine is a total blast to drive and it will fly, but the regret that I do have was paying msrp for it and now they are well under msrp. If only I had bought it like my Terminator, I would be totally awe struck by the car. Cool factor is way up there when you get around people who have not saw them before.
Guess it will be a little hypocritical with all my complaining about price when it gets back from Las Vegas with that super snake attched to the side of it. ha ha Ralph

Darren5.0L

Triple Supercharged!
Established Member
No regrets! I paid MSRP for my car, it happens to be the first car I've ever bought brand new. It's only money and you cant take it with you.......................

Exact same thing here, MSRP, first new car, and no Regrets. I still wouldn't have it any other way.

cbrmuscle

Established Member
I paid sticker as well up here in Canada and I have no regrets. The longer I waited, the less I would get for my previous car so it kind of evens out.

rdsnk46

Established Member
So you paid MSRP and had your car when you wanted it! Right then! RIGHT THEN=PRICELESS!

SpectorV

Established Member
the 03/04 cobra kept its value due to the gt500 being out of reach with tacked on stealership ADMs, otherwise they would have went down, not as fast as the previous years due to the huge leap ford made in 03 for them, but down much more than they did.

I want a gt500 as well but I am not paying sticker for it, and I probably wont buy new.. I will let someone else take the depreciation hit. There are plenty of very low miles perfect gt500s out there for sale. I may hold out for a 2010 now though.

rdsnk46

Established Member
the 03/04 cobra kept its value due to the gt500 being out of reach with tacked on stealership ADMs, otherwise they would have went down, not as fast as the previous years due to the huge leap ford made in 03 for them, but down much more than they did.

I want a gt500 as well but I am not paying sticker for it, and I probably wont buy new.. I will let someone else take the depreciation hit. There are plenty of very low miles perfect gt500s out there for sale. I may hold out for a 2010 now though.

:rolling:

Devil Dog

TOYZ, yeah I got some.
Established Member
There is a guy locally who paid 14K over sticker for a '07 GT500 (red/white stripes), he has it up for sale now for 50K, needless to say there is no one biting.

pack018

Established Member
I not saying anything about u guys, but every single time that i've talked to a GT-500 owner they always say they paid sticker.. And I literally called every Ford Dealership in Jersey and well as several in NY and P.A and all were asking at min 5k over sticker. Maybe they did paid sticker after they paid the 5-15k over sticker the greedy dealerships were asking for.

pack018

Established Member
And at least for me it's not a prinpicle "If I can Afford it I dont care a how much it is" It's the principle that there's no need for the dealerships to ask so much over sticker for no reason other that they are greedy. If the car would had been a "collector car" like the KR's I would to a point understand.

Last edited:

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
houston area dealers are still asking over as well. i tossed the idea around about the 2010 but in the end i got the car i have wanted since they said they were making it and i got it for a little under sticker. the guys with regret will just trade it in on something else if they already have not. just my .02, i am happy and for the power difference, there is always something you can do for that but there will always be something faster:poke:

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member

+1 i didn't expect my car to hold its value any more than the 50+ others i have owned. in our area i haven't found anyone who paid less than msrp yet

Spawn

mmjax.com webmaster
Established Member
I got mine a few k under sticker but I had to wait till the dealerships were hurting to make a deal. The markup started to go away when gas hit 4.00 bucks a gallon and people decided to get those little hybrid cars that look like a egg...

Users who are viewing this thread