• 02 True Blue Lightening

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • 01 True Blue Cobra

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 03/04 Comp Orange/Black/Azure Blue Mach1

Votes: 15 65.2%

• Total voters

BLUBLLS

Well I've finally decided to get a newer vehicle. I will be getting it around the middle of Fall. I have it narrowed down to 3 choices:

02 True Blue Lightening

01 True Blue Cobra

03/04 Competition Orange/Black/Azure Blue Mach1

I like the Lightning cause I love trucks and it will allow me to tow my bike around no prob by just putting it in the bed. Probs with the truck would be that I miss stick a lot (my 93 notch got totalled awhile ago).
I love the Cobra cause I have always wanted a cobra and I think the 01 True blue is just eyecandy :rockon: Probs with the cobra would equate to the fact that I want to take it to the 1/4 track and I would want to swap out the IRS for a nicely built solid 8.8. Would this be expensive, and could I pretty much pay for the solid swap by selling the IRS?
Now the Mach 1-what an amazing vehicle. It is pretty much set up for drag racing as it comes from the factory! However, it's not a cobra. I know I might get shot for this, but I am also not to crazy about the "shaker" hood. I think that the Cobra R hood is best hood I have seen and I would want to know if there is a way to get this hood on the Mach?

What would you suggest out of the 3 options, and please give me some reasons why. Thanks for everyones help :beer:

Last edited by a moderator:

03DOHC

Established Member
I'd get the L if you need to put the bike in the bed. I don't remember what years but the Lightning's had a problem with spitting out spark plugs because there wasn't very many threads in the head. Maybe someone else can chime in which year they fixed that.

His Grace

Genesis 1:31
Established Member
99-02 the heads had only 4 threads from then on they went to 8 threads for the plugs. No problem though, just make sure they are tightened twice a month.

His Grace

Established Member
I like the mach also, dual overhead cams allow for great power at small price. If you get the mach, throw a 100 shot on there and run high to mid 11's.

His Grace

Established Member
Whatever you do buddy, good luck. Alot people in this country would probably give an arm and a leg to have the chance to choose between these three rides.

90_red_lx

ASLOW50
Established Member
01 Cobra. Some older guy with a GT would probably trade his 8.8 and pay for both installs.

bp03svt

Established Member
I would go with the Mach, and leave the stock shaker hood on it. I used to not like them, until I got a chance to drive one. I had to release the keys to the Cobra to do so, but it was worth it. Those shaker scoops are bad as hell, as is the rest of the car.

Users who are viewing this thread