Venom coolers from stiege

wreckit

Established Member
Wanted to see what others experience is with the Stiegemeier venom coolers on the Eaton?

Recently just sent my eaton to get the stage 8 port and was debating if i should waste the extra 459$ on those venom coolers.

Let me know what yall think!

wreckit

Established Member
Yeah, sorry about the repeat post. Just thought there would be more conclusive evidence on this subject matter being its 2016 and most the post on this are roughly 2 years old.

I decided to opt out the venom cooler route as funds are really tight at the moment.
"
Stieg has finally made it to stage 8 now lol."

Yeah. Claims it makes up to 65rwhp, roughly 10-20 more than the previous stages.... :shrug:
We will see if their claims are true or not. Plan on running it on a dyno once i get it all back in a week.

I asked Stiege today what cars were making with the stage 7 or 8 with out a custom dyno tune.... They had no idea.. So that in itself scared the hell out of me. Is 1095 + 200 for a custom 2.4 pulley really worth it??
Seems like it will be over spinning and heating the HEATON more than anything else.

cj428mach

Established Member
"
Stieg has finally made it to stage 8 now lol."

Yeah. Claims it makes up to 65rwhp, roughly 10-20 more than the previous stages.... :shrug:
We will see if their claims are true or not. Plan on running it on a dyno once i get it all back in a week.

I asked Stiege today what cars were making with the stage 7 or 8 with out a custom dyno tune.... They had no idea.. So that in itself scared the hell out of me. Is 1095 + 200 for a custom 2.4 pulley really worth it??
Seems like it will be over spinning and heating the HEATON more than anything else.

Most agree that anything over a stage 3-4 Stieg is just a gimmick.

I personally wouldn't spend that much on porting your blower when you can buy used ones for half that price. In my opinion if you're spending that much just save a tad bit more and buy a used twin screw as they can be had for $1800-2000 sometimes if you're lucky.

GodStang

Established Member
Cooling the snout is done to run tighter tolerances for more efficiency and longer life. If the snout is not redesigned than there is no reason for it. This does not do the same thing as the killer chiller. It is not for lowering IATs.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
First off if it's not to late do NOT get the 2.4" pulley it's going to cost money turning the snout and also for the pulley itself. Then no matter what it's going to SLIP. Maybe not as soon as you put it on if you're lucky but give it a week or a few months and it's going to slip.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
The Venom Cooler was my idea that I threw around and actually started a thread on modularfords about making one up. With my research cooling the snout does absolutely nothing for performance nor saving any seals in the snout itself.

Here's the thread I started on mod fords and close to a year later Stieg. came out with it…

http://www.modularfords.com/threads/154217-Eaton-Snout-Idea

The guy seems to have forgotten when I started my business he made threads on 2 major websites saying I "copy, lie, cheat, and steal"….:shrug: After I went to sleep no doubt to do the most damage so I couldn't defend myself.

wreckit

Established Member
First off if it's not to late do NOT get the 2.4" pulley it's going to cost money turning the snout and also for the pulley itself. Then no matter what it's going to SLIP. Maybe not as soon as you put it on if you're lucky but give it a week or a few months and it's going to slip.

What pulley Size would you recommend?!?!

GodStang

Established Member
The Venom Cooler was my idea that I threw around and actually started a thread on modularfords about making one up. With my research cooling the snout does absolutely nothing for performance nor saving any seals in the snout itself.

Here's the thread I started on mod fords and close to a year later Stieg. came out with it…

http://www.modularfords.com/threads/154217-Eaton-Snout-Idea

The guy seems to have forgotten when I started my business he made threads on 2 major websites saying I "copy, lie, cheat, and steal"….:shrug: After I went to sleep no doubt to do the most damage so I couldn't defend myself.

I miss Posi Performace. Best of the best.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
What pulley Size would you recommend?!?!

I like Metco as their pullies don't wear so that's the sizes I'll be giving out.

Upper only-----2.8

Best upper/lower combo for street and great for the track too----2.9/4lb combo.

Max combo which I would recommend headers with this one and I ran it on the street with no issues and at the drag strip as well------2.9/6lb combo. I would also recommend a ported Dragon tb/plenum to go along with that one.

wreckit

Established Member
Yall been really helpful. Wish I would have stuck with the 2.9... It was too late. They had already shipped out the blower. :shrug:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^You can remove the smaller pulley and install the 2.9. Bad news is you'll have wasted a little money. I would do it myself as anything that small is going to slip. Just read your other thread where someone said they had the 2.4 and it does slip.

Bottom line is if a belt doesn't slip on day one it better not slip a month or 6 months later. You pay for a complete tune not a tune that doesn't perform because you get belt slip.

ShaneCobra74

Established Member
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ink-we-re-done-for-now!-03-MG-Vert&highlight=

I don't consider myself an authority on Terminators, but I did have a good experience with my Stage 8 with 2.4 pulley and venom cooler. I attached the link. I would have gone with a Posi port, but seems as though they stopped providing this type of work. Steg was the next choice. I think it comes down to what you want to live with. I never planned my build to throw down in excess of 600 horses to the wheels in a convertible. I'll leave that to the coupes. Not knocking 600 in verts, but its just not my taste with the top down. Something over 500 rear wheel was acceptable and as it turned out at 526/544, I got what I wanted to get out of it with my mods. The torque is incredible for me and what generally gets people in trouble most of the time.:)

Users who are viewing this thread