Venting on Customer Service

Reisjsr

Established Member
So since this is the general talk section I’m hoping this is acceptable to post.

Is anyone else at least a little bit noticing a major void of customer service within the performance Industry?

Very few times have I seen consistently happy customers from numerous companies. I truly am feeling boxed in here, I need great tuners and parts but I’m almost feeling like it’s not worth dealing with the crap involved trying to work with them

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Companies of all sizes got burned at the start of the great depression by their inventory. The result being that companies refuse to carry significant inventory. Which means that the dumbest damn parts you can think of hold up and generally wreak havoc with builds.

Also, every damn shop is busier than a one legged man at a dog kicking contest. Customer service when you are so relentlessly busy is a challenge for all companies. It pays to get recent feedback because companies can also go off the rails when they are so busy, they develop bad habits.

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
Weather man is on point with most shops being busy/undermanned. Some still manage to cater to all of their customers needs and questions. Doing as much of your own work as possible, and/or using multiple shops are some ways around it. Either way, patience is required in this sport. I’m still working on that.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
customer service has taken backseat in most industries anymore. they just don't care anymore.

Reisjsr

Established Member
Yeah it’s sad. Especially when I work as a Fixed Ops Director in the automotive industry and if I ran a operation and didn’t have the staff to meet the demands or provided poor service and had zero consistency of satisfaction, I wouldn’t have a job anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
Companies of all sizes got burned at the start of the great depression by their inventory. The result being that companies refuse to carry significant inventory. Which means that the dumbest damn parts you can think of hold up and generally wreak havoc with builds.

Also, every damn shop is busier than a one legged man at a dog kicking contest. Customer service when you are so relentlessly busy is a challenge for all companies. It pays to get recent feedback because companies can also go off the rails when they are so busy, they develop bad habits.
This explains and confirms what I have suspected. I have tried on about three occasions over the past several years to engage a particular shop that enjoys a wildly successful reputation and on two different Mustangs, but I can't seem to get the conversation going with the right person.

I guess if I "knew" exactly what I wanted done, and just made an appointment to leave it with them it would happen, but trying to engage in some preliminary discussion to determine what parts they have or prefer to order and what configuration of engine and suspension mods they might recommend has just gotten me nowhere. I haven't pushed. Maybe it's just their style, but I can't warm up to it.

Reisjsr

Established Member
Sam here man. Communication just sucks from most everywhere I have tried. I’ve been in the game a long time and the more successful I’ve become personally the more money I’ve been willing to dish out expecting the customer service to get better but it’s just gotten worse it seems. This leads to the dissatisfaction I’m feeling. And I’m pretty much the easiest going customer ever.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
So since this is the general talk section I’m hoping this is acceptable to post.

Is anyone else at least a little bit noticing a major void of customer service within the performance Industry?

Very few times have I seen consistently happy customers from numerous companies. I truly am feeling boxed in here, I need great tuners and parts but I’m almost feeling like it’s not worth dealing with the crap involved trying to work with them

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

As stated above, it is not just the performance industry, good customer service is rare and no longer a concern for a lot of businesses.

Try to get a concrete company, landscaping company, plumbing or electrical business to even return a call, let alone set up an appointment in the next few months.

Sam Walton founded Walmart on customer service, now you have to check yourself out while the (3) 50+ year old Walmart "associates" stand at the end of the self-checkout aisle bitching about the hours they have to "work". lol

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
IMO in most cases when profits are good, customer service takes a hit. When profits are down, customer service becomes a priority. Bottom line IMO is that customer service should never receive lesser priority to the point where it affects customers. Long term growth is directly tied to longterm customer satisfaction.

Canadian5.0

Established Member
I've been going back and forth with Lund for the last week trying to get my procharger base tune running right. After getting a new revision every day and still not having success we found it was mine and a friends installing error that was causing the problem. Got a new tune Saturday when they were closed and Sunday as well from Mr. Lund himself.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
I've been going back and forth with Lund for the last week trying to get my procharger base tune running right. After getting a new revision every day and still not having success we found it was mine and a friends installing error that was causing the problem. Got a new tune Saturday when they were closed and Sunday as well from Mr. Lund himself.

Great to hear that good customer service is still available if you choose wisely.

Users who are viewing this thread