Very Clean 5k Mile One-Owner 2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra on BaT

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice color. Ported blower. Smaller 2.76 Billetflow pulley (and tune, I assume) along with a billet idler kit, Magnaflow catback, shifter unknown, and it looks like the factory intake was reinstalled. It's going to sell a lot higher than the current bid.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I wish I wasn't trying to buy a house right now, this cobra is like everything I want in a terminator. With how the car market is going as well as the rising resale on these, I feel like I already missed the boat on terminator ownership unless I want a 100k+ mile 7 owner example for 18 grand.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I wish I wasn't trying to buy a house right now, this cobra is like everything I want in a terminator. With how the car market is going as well as the rising resale on these, I feel like I already missed the boat on terminator ownership unless I want a 100k+ mile 7 owner example for 18 grand.

Yep, this one will hit $40k+.

Trix

Established Member
I just picked up this terminator off BAT. Got it last night (9k miles, stock).
9k-Mile 2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra

The seller and I couldn’t fathom how it didn’t have more interest. A similar one with drilled front bumper made it to $39k (didn’t hit reserve), just the week prior.

This was 30 minutes from my house and had a chance to go see it and confirm it was every bit as mint as the pictures showed. Unreal condition and the car I’ve been dreaming about forever.

I saw the red one posted, and honestly would have been every bit as interested, but didn’t like the idea of buying without inspecting first, and it’s on the other end of the country. I do prefer the redfire (and CO) over DSG, but DSG is still a very close 3rd and I’m beyond happy.

Goes good with my other Ford!

457A371F-C545-4AC9-8422-5A240BEF0B16.jpeg

HPLouis

Established Member
Did you guys notice the SVT Certificate? I thought they were signed by John Colletti.

This one isn't. I know the reproductions are signed by Ford but this one isn't signed by Ford either.

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
I just picked up this terminator off BAT. Got it last night (9k miles, stock).
9k-Mile 2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra

The seller and I couldn’t fathom how it didn’t have more interest. A similar one with drilled front bumper made it to $39k (didn’t hit reserve), just the week prior.

This was 30 minutes from my house and had a chance to go see it and confirm it was every bit as mint as the pictures showed. Unreal condition and the car I’ve been dreaming about forever.

I saw the red one posted, and honestly would have been every bit as interested, but didn’t like the idea of buying without inspecting first, and it’s on the other end of the country. I do prefer the redfire (and CO) over DSG, but DSG is still a very close 3rd and I’m beyond happy.

Goes good with my other Ford!

View attachment 1716891
If you don't mind, how much did you pay. Will help the community to know where the market is at.

Trix

Established Member
If you don't mind, how much did you pay. Will help the community to know where the market is at.

I paid $38k. Considering I didn’t have to pay the 5% BAT fee since it didn’t hit reserve, and also didn’t have to pay for cross country enclosed shipping, I think I got a steal. The condition it’s in is unbelievable.

I was seeing a lot of cars with drilled bumpers, 30k-40k+ miles, and tons of mods (which I didn’t want), for around $35k. I’ve been following these not stop for years and I would’ve paid a good chunk more than I did.

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
I paid $38k. Considering I didn’t have to pay the 5% BAT fee since it didn’t hit reserve, and also didn’t have to pay for cross country enclosed shipping, I think I got a steal. The condition it’s in is unbelievable.

I was seeing a lot of cars with drilled bumpers, 30k-40k+ miles, and tons of mods (which I didn’t want), for around $35k. I’ve been following these not stop for years and I would’ve paid a good chunk more than I did.
Thank you!!! I think thats an excellent price for that car. Both for the seller and buyer.

Congrats!! DSG is one of my favorite colors!!

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member

that looks great, congrats

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

Considering condition and inflation, that's a solid deal.

big dad

Established Member
Curious to know if parchment inserts would increase the resale value? As far as I can tell there was only 197 of these vehicles produced with that option.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That definitely was a great deal on the DSG Cobra. The only thing I saw that I didn't like was the gnarly under-hood cover. Such a great specimen, and it appears it was a rare "factory stock" one. Congratulations!

COBRA_ESQ

Established Member
Curious to know if parchment inserts would increase the resale value? As far as I can tell there was only 197 of these vehicles produced with that option.

Unlike Muscle Cars of yore with lots of weird or significant (engine, tranny breaks, suspension, etc.) options, Terminators, setting aside special editions, had few options, all of a non-functional nature..... color, spoiler delete and chrome wheels, that's it. Most agree that certain body colors are more desirable and may increase the sale price somewhat. Interior colors less so, if at all.

Mine is a Black/Parchment/Black convertible, 1 of 68. Many people like the Parchment seats while, some have a strong dislike for them. That said, IMHO the increase in value from a Parchment interior is negligible at best and may even be a negative.

ITSTOCK

Established Member
Whoever the photographer is, should demand quite the premium.

Users who are viewing this thread