Very disappointing 2.8/amazon tune numbers..

87FOXGT

Established Member
Hit the dyno today with the mods listed below. Pretty much pulled in after about a 20 min drive and hopped right on the dyno, now idont know if thats enough of a difference maker running at operating temp, bt needless to say im very down about my numbers.

first run

381/415

second run

403/427

all numbers are SAE.

this seems extremely low.

i am thinking its either

A) overheating from the eaton and i should have cooled down first?

B) tune is not on like it should? (dont think so have ltos of faith in amazon but u never know)

C) belt slip? dont know how this is possible as i am seeing about 14 psi at the needle, and theres no belt dust that ive noticed.

HElp why is my car gay and slow.

:cryying: :(

Miamifan1354

De Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
Do you have the graphs? It would help a lot in telling your prolems.. You should contact rick before you go saying that the tune could be a problem. I highly doubt that has anything to do with it. check the A/F... and what was the Temp/hum outside? This can really hurt a car, especially after not letting it cool from a drive..

Last edited:

Miamifan1354

De Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
How's the car feel when you drive it. I looked at your sig, and I don't see any plug change.. you may not be getting a good spark with the extra power..

87FOXGT

Established Member
dynojet. give me a few min to post up the graphs guys. thanks for all your help so far. :(

87FOXGT

Established Member
PJdynoday.gif

Miamifan1354

De Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
Ok then, well I would call Rick on monday, but my thinking is you need new plugs. You should be way above these numbers, even running hot. If you look at my sig, I'm right about where you are mod wise, and I went 410 on a mustang dyno, in hot and humid weather, but I have plugs and a HE.

You should def have the A/F checked if at all possible because that's also a big deal. One guy just has his car leaned way out and it went boom(not one of ricks tunes).

That's all I can tell ya right now. I don't think the heat could have killed your power that bad, but not having enough spark could def do it.

If there isn't a shop around you with A/F, I would try getting a raptor so you can check yourself.

Good luck, hope I helped.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Oh wow! Something is major wrong. You are way down in power. With your mods you should be in the 450+ rwhp (SAE) area. Heat is always a factor, but not THAT much. It might account for 15rwhp or so, but certainly not 45-50. Did you get any input from your dyno operator? I mean, he should have noticed anything obvious, like a super rich A/F.

87FOXGT

Established Member
Originally posted by CobraBob
Oh wow! Something is major wrong. You are way down in power. With your mods you should be in the 450+ rwhp (SAE) area. Heat is always a factor, but not THAT much. It might account for 15rwhp or so, but certainly not 45-50. Did you get any input from your dyno operator? I mean, he should have noticed anything obvious, like a super rich A/F.

:( thats what im thinking, i could see heat costing me a little bit, but this much? thats crazy, and the first run i thiought i was gonna have a heart attack, 380 rwhp with a 2.8 pulley?? :whine: :cryying: :cuss: somethings definately not right. unfortunately theres not shop around here that has the a/f tools i need to see whats going on. but i have absolute confidence in rick's tune, so i just dont get how it could be off that bad??

i dunno i guess i will talk to rick soon or maybe wait for someone to reply from amazon, right now im gonna go have a couple beers and forget about this car crap, cause its got me down in the dumps. :xpl:

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
Man....I have been trying to think of something that just didnt go right on the dyno.....

I cant see Ricks tune being that far off....ashame you didnt get an a/f check on the runs...that is one thing you need......

has this shop had other 03/04 Cobra's on the dyno to compare to yours?

With you setup..you shouldnt have any belt slip..thats for sure..

That torque curve is way off too... maybe they just didnt punch something right for that dyno to read correctly.

87FOXGT

Established Member
yeah harry as a matter of fact they showed me another graph of a guy with basically the same mods and he put down... lemme check.....445/447, 437/462, 439/466 sae

:(

ugh i almost wanna sell this thing i feel like crap right now

87FOXGT

Established Member
thanks yellow, but i dont get how the tune could be that far off?? no disrespect at all to rick at amazon, but is it possible my tune is that far off? somehow ijust have a hard time beleiving that.

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Was the brake on, or was it in the wrong gear? Try a different dyno before freaking out.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
There's deffinately things you need to check. Check your plugs and make sure they are in good shape (I'm running a 2.8 with stock plugs just fine), also want to check your a/f AND your timing. These cars make quite a bit of power from just 1 degree of timing advance. Each car is different but most cars ar running between 22-24 degree advance with a pulley tune. If say you are only running 18 degree you could deffinately pick up 45-50 rwhp from getting the timing where it needs to be.

I have read posts were people with predators didn't have them zeroed out before uploading the tune, so there timing and a/f was a little off. After zeroing the tool and uploading the tune again TADA they got their power.

Users who are viewing this thread