Very First and Second Track Outings

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
Had my first track outing last month at Sacramento Raceway. This was my very first time ever making a pass, and I was very happy with the results. We went in the dead smack middle of the day – which is the warmest. The temp was 80 degrees, but it felt more like 90. I love the warm weather, but it felt abnormally warm to only read 80 degrees out. Regardless, my car still performed well and I am happy.

Mods are Gen II Whipple @ 17lbs (3.25’’ pulley), Mac Long Tubes, JLT High Boost Intake, BilletFlow TB, Flowmaster Catback, tuned by Shaun @ AED. Car makes 580RWHP/550RWTQ.

My only suspension mods are MM Sub Frames, Steeda Sport Springs, and a BilletFlow IRS Brace. Stock shock and struts, along with stock bushings all throughout the IRS. Clutch is a 26 Spline Centerforce DFX. I was on my Hoosier drag radials, which are GREAT tires. Tire pressure was at 18psi.

First run:

60': 1.927
ET: 11.506
1/8 MPH: 98.601
1/4 MPH: 128.136

Second Run:

60': 1.782
ET: 11.274
1/8 MPH: 99.715
1/4 MPH: 128.678

Third Run:

60': 2.105
ET: 11.678
1/8 MPH: 99.717
1/4 MPH: 128.058

I had a fourth run with a 1.752 60’, but missed 3rd on that pass.

I went back out this weekend with some cooler weather, and got more good results. Although I ran a new personal best, I wanted 10’s. Weather was a cool 62 degrees. The track wasn’t prepped well at all, and my Drag Radials were bald so it was a double negative before I even made my first pass. On top of this, the 60’ wasn’t being recorded so no one there had anything to go off of to make any adjustments. Regardless, no excuses.

The new personal best came on the very first pass. Same 17lb. 3.25’’ pulley set up as before. Absolutely nothing changed, just the better weather. Hoosiers still at 18 psi.

60': ?
ET: 11.088
1/8 MPH:102.971
1/4 MPH: 133.523

After this run, I made 4 more passes on this pulley set up. I had one 11.2, two 11.3's, and one 11.4 – each with a 131MPH trap speed.

I grew tired of trying to break 10’s with a better 60’ on bald tires and no track prep, so I decided to “power” my way in. I was already running straight 100 Octane in case I decided to do this, so I threw on Uncle Charlie (21lb., 2.75’’ Pulley) and went at it.

It was the end of the day and I knew I would be near hot-lapping the car, so I pulled a degree of timing from the tune on this pulley. It makes 636RWHP/629RWTQ on 20 degrees, which is how much timing the car had in it during these passes. The additional degree was added after the A/F ratio was done and dialed in, so I never got a clean dyno pull with this tune to see exactly how much it is making running it’s full 21 degrees of timing.

Anyway, first pass with Uncle Charlie was:

60’: ?
ET: 11.173
1/8 MPH: 104.241
1/4 MPH: 136.349

Second pass was:

60’: ?
ET: 11.397
1/8 MPH:104.865
1/4 MPH:135.454

I had two other passes with Uncle Charlie, but missed shifts :cuss:. It was my first time ever running that pulley, and it pins me down much firmer in the seat so I had to adjust to it... LOL.

Traction was definitely harder to find coming out of the hole with Uncle Charlie bolted on. But being that these are my very first and second outings at the track, I am satisfied with the results. It is a pure street car, and my MPH was there all day for each outing.

BoostFiend

Say NO to FUPA!
Established Member
Nice passes dude. I am glad to see those 130+ traps! My reccomendation is to air down the Hoosiers! I ran mine at 16psi last time out and cut a 1.6 60ft. it woudl also help to have new tires. lol Great job.

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
Nice passes dude. I am glad to see those 130+ traps! My reccomendation is to air down the Hoosiers! I ran mine at 16psi last time out and cut a 1.6 60ft. it woudl also help to have new tires. lol Great job.

Thanks bro. I did run less air in the Hoosiers with the 2.75 pulley on. I first tried them at 16 psi, then at 15 psi. Suprisingly, it made very little difference. The tires were just too bald by then. :nonono:

But I'd love to cut a 1.6 60', hopefully with some new tires.

Long time no talk. How are things with your car?

Nice man...always loved your car...you are OH so close...

Thanks bro! :rockon:

You ever plan on taking the KB to the track?

neatofrito1618

Established Member
Nice, 136 is moving. The car definitely still has a lot more ET in it.

Last edited:

BoostFiend

Say NO to FUPA!
Established Member
Thanks bro. I did run less air in the Hoosiers with the 2.75 pulley on. I first tried them at 16 psi, then at 15 psi. Suprisingly, it made very little difference. The tires were just too bald by then. :nonono:

But I'd love to cut a 1.6 60', hopefully with some new tires.

Long time no talk. How are things with your car?

I am doing great bro, just was without my car most of the summer due to the little accident I got into. Now she is put away for the winter. I just bought a house so funds are tight till after tax season. I hope to get my twin screw or a turbo kit on her after tax time.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member

You ever plan on taking the KB to the track?[/QUOTE]

Absolutely, will be going to the 1/8th very soon. It's difficult with work, but thankful to having funds coming in...
Will be reporting here when I go...

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
I am doing great bro, just was without my car most of the summer due to the little accident I got into. Now she is put away for the winter. I just bought a house so funds are tight till after tax season. I hope to get my twin screw or a turbo kit on her after tax time.

Congrats on the new home purchase bro! :rockon:

I know you had that accident and had some troubles with the car after that. Hope those issues are all behind you so you can get back to enjoying the car come spring time.

:beer:

Absolutely! At least mid-10 second ET capability. Nice job!

Thanks! :beer:

You ever plan on taking the KB to the track?

Absolutely, will be going to the 1/8th very soon. It's difficult with work, but thankful to having funds coming in...
Will be reporting here when I go...[/QUOTE]

Yes, we all should be thankful to have funds coming in in these hard times. Keep us posted on how you do.

Users who are viewing this thread