VHT wrinkle black-fuel rails, TB, coolant housings;some porting, etc

brisk_tea

Established Member
saw this at the local auto-parts store and figured i would give it a try, as the fuel rails always look like crap. i think it's a very close match to the blower/valve covers. i like it, so i'll be doing the lower in the future.
101_3770.jpg

101_3779.jpg

also did some porting of the TB/elbow to line up with blower's opening.

101_3777.jpg

anyone else have to put washers under the metco idler to have it line up evenly with the belt?
101_3774.jpg

had some extra stainless steel around, so i made a plate for the hood prop to keep from scratching the hood anymore
101_3785.jpg

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
the rails look good... this is something that i have been wanting to do for a while now. Maybe a nice little winter project

brisk_tea

Established Member
thanks guys, i know a lot of people were annoyed with the rails like me so i figured i would try the paint.

drove it a lot over the weekend, about 300 or so miles, and the paint definately is holding up to the heat fine

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
I wonder how a textured grill paint would hold up. That's made for high temps. I'm guessing you just masked off all of the connecting points?

brisk_tea

Established Member
I wonder how a textured grill paint would hold up. That's made for high temps. I'm guessing you just masked off all of the connecting points?

yep taped off injectors, and any and all bolt/sensor locations

i tried the grille paint 1st, but found it to be too dull and gritty. this VHT stuff was actually cheaper too, and worked pretty good. the only thing that stinks is that it took more than 24 hours to dry, unlike the can said. it took about 2 full days.

Users who are viewing this thread