vibration @ 80+ mph

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
My hood vibrates at 130+ :shrug:

I'm not sure if you're joking cause there's a whole lotta vibrating going on in a Stang at 130+ but here goes:

Are your hood stops in place and adjusted correctly?

I added lockuts to mine because they would back down from vibration

Last edited:

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I've got this vibration as well. I've ran the car in alot of different mods state the past 9 months and it vibrates at the same place (75-80 and gets worse higher) and with about the same severity. Thats with going from a bonestock car to the mods in my sig. The tires/rims are not the issue. What I have found interesting is if I cruise the car at 80 in 4th gear, it does not vibrate as bad as cruising in 6th gear. It's still there...just not near as severe as 6th. 6th vibrates the center console and mirror. I think it's gotten worse ever since I took out the stock shifter and added an mgw.

Last edited:

redfr03svtsnake

Import Killer since 03'
Established Member
So let me add my problem, because mine for sure is loud as shit, and harsh. So when i hit i would say 100+, the thing vibrates like its gonna fall apart, this is during acceleration, when i let off..... it goes away. What is the prognosis on that? Same thing, shim kit fix? Thanks

1BadAzzGT

Established Member
I've got this vibration as well. I've ran the car in alot of different mods state the past 9 months and it vibrates at the same place (75-80 and gets worse higher) and with about the same severity. Thats with going from a bonestock car to the mods in my sig. The tires/rims are not the issue. What I have found interesting is if I cruise the car at 80 in 4th gear, it does not vibrate as bad as cruising in 6th gear. It's still there...just not near as severe as 6th. 6th vibrates the center console and mirror.

I'm having the EXACT same issue and I'm 100% sure it's not the rims & tires. It did this with the stock rims/tires and it's doing it with the aftermarket rims/tires. I think I'm gonna try to spin the driveshaft as someone has recommended and see what that does. This is really happening when in 6th gear and 80+ only.... otherwise, it doesn't vibrate. Weird, eh?

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I'm having the EXACT same issue and I'm 100% sure it's not the rims & tires. It did this with the stock rims/tires and it's doing it with the aftermarket rims/tires. I think I'm gonna try to spin the driveshaft as someone has recommended and see what that does. This is really happening when in 6th gear and 80+ only.... otherwise, it doesn't vibrate. Weird, eh?

its very weird and very annoying. i need to just go down the list of items it could be...already checked off the tire balance...now need to check driveshaft clock, d/s balance, pinion angle, some other rotating issue further up the line towards the motor. still doesn't make sense it vibrates more holding 80mph cruise in 6th versus 4th. seems like the d/s would still be spinning the same rpms.

Last edited:

1BadAzzGT

Established Member
its very weird and very annoying. i need to just go down the list of items it could be...already checked off the tire balance...now need to check driveshaft clock, d/s balance, pinion angle, some other rotating issue further up the line towards the motor. still doesn't make sense it vibrates more holding 80mph cruise in 6th versus 4th. seems like the d/s would still be spinning the same rpms.

I'm hoping some of the experts will chime in. Surely since 2003, someone has or is experiencing this issue and knows what the fix/remedy is. If so, I wish they would just chime in.

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
All vibrators: check the basics.

-alignment
-tire balance
-driveshaft "clocking"
-loose nuts/bolts anywhere in the drivetrain
-pinion angle

If you haven't checked those, nothing in this or other threads will help you.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
All vibrators: check the basics.

-alignment
-tire balance
-driveshaft "clocking"
-loose nuts/bolts anywhere in the drivetrain
-pinion angle

If you haven't checked those, nothing in this or other threads will help you.

Yeah, I just assume that people have researched and read the multitude of 'vibe' threads that started back in 2002. (Guess I should know better...)

bent input shaft is something that will usually show up in the OD gears only ....

Last edited:

sprstr1000

WHIPPLECHARGED
Established Member
im a new 04 silver cobra vert owner and im gettin a vib at 75mph and above it gets worse had my tires checked i pulled the driveshaft yesterday and all seemed fine but when i took to the driveline shop it turns out the front ujoint was toast the caps where turning with the yoke the mech told me that the ford aluminum drive shafts arent balanced very well to begin with ( is that true?) and way im havin them build a stout alumnum driveshaft with spicer 1350 ujoints which will be ready tomo so if that gets rid of the vib then it will be $500 well spent and if not then i guess i got suckered anyway i got my fingers crossed

Users who are viewing this thread