vibration in 6th gear at 60mph???

SilvrBullet

03 Cobra
Established Member
Just purchased a black 03 with 3600 miles on it. I noticed a light but noticable vibration in 6th gear at around 60mph up to like 80mph. At high speeds I don't feel anything. Can someone help me on this? Kinda feels like it's somwhere from the middle to the back of the car. Could the driveshaft be unbalanced?

Thanks!
:beer:

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
these cars have stock drive shaft issues known by the factory. i think the only way to fix that is an aftr market ds

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
A few things to look at. Get the Driveshaft checked... if the car has ever been launched hard a few times, the Inner CV joints are notorious for going bad and creating that "wobble"/vibration when you step on the gas hard.. driveshaftshop.com has what you need for this. I just ordered my inner/outer CV joints as my car at almost 30k is starting to do what you've described..

dustin

Supercharged
Established Member
A few things to look at. Get the Driveshaft checked... if the car has ever been launched hard a few times, the Inner CV joints are notorious for going bad and creating that "wobble"/vibration when you step on the gas hard.. driveshaftshop.com has what you need for this. I just ordered my inner/outer CV joints as my car at almost 30k is starting to do what you've described..

So the CV joints are serviceable on these cars? Where are you taking your half shafts to be worked on?

corpsedub

Mighty Trust Krusher
Established Member
before you do anything and everything while tearing your hair out. please..please... get the tires match mounted and road force ballenced.

then you can play with the driveshaft if this does not solve your problem

Users who are viewing this thread