Video of me flying down to San Diego in the helicopter with my sister

FLYIN

Warheads on Foreheads
Established Member
Fly the LA Helo Routes sometimes. Thats about the only time we fly up that way.
LAHeloRoutes.jpg

CobraMac

Established Member
How often you get to fly the Jet Rangers? Thats what we all train in at flight school. Coast Guard, Navy, and Marines. Army flies a version of it as well. Sounds like a good deal there with the coast guard. Would definitely have a leg up in the helo portion of flight school especially if you had a good amount of time in Jet Rangers. I remember in flight school trying to hover for the first time. Haha. Then after a couple of times you could do it. Oh and the first full auto we did, I was thinking no way in hell am I going to do that. Same thing couple of flights later and you were doing it. Your flight instructor would have a lot less grey hairs on those early flights than the rest of them:lol:.

I have a total of 7 hours so far....I will get to fly it a lottt more once I hit around 20 or so more since I'll be able to teach and do tours in it after that. So for right now not a ton...but still enough to know the systems and how to fly it well. Yahhh I really am thinking about it seriously....I am just waiting on the flight surgeon to get back to me about the lasik issue...they are in the middle of changing their policies to allow persons with lasik surgery. No joke they are basically the last military branch that doesn't have an allowance for it.

Hahahaha I know exactly what you mean. I get EVERYTHING right away in life...and I was SO frustrated that it was taking me 4 hours to get hovering down when I first started. It's now second nature lol. Same with the autos too! And then by the end of my commercial we were doing zero-speed and reverse autos and it was fun trying to hit the exact little speck I told the instructor I would. Thankfully I don't have to teach autos yet :D

Users who are viewing this thread