Viking double adjustable rear shocks- what settings for hook?

INEEDA_TERMI

Established Member
I have BMR springs, BMR uca & mount, lca & relocation brackets middle hole, what settings are you guys using for street to optimize traction? I just installed the shocks. Thanks

jojobee

Established Member
I have BMR springs, BMR uca & mount, lca & relocation brackets middle hole, what settings are you guys using for street to optimize traction? I just installed the shocks. Thanks

Wasnt there a sheet in the box with the recommended settings for street/track ?

I contacted Viking when inquiring about these and they sent it to me.

I would love to know how these perform in road racing applications, i know for drag they kick ass..

INEEDA_TERMI

Established Member

I would love to know how these perform in road racing applications, i know for drag they kick ass..

You are correct, however, i seem to have misplaced the sheet. I usually follow Kelly's recommendations. Guy knows his doo doo.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Thanks blazer. I'll try those first.

No problem, I know nothing about drag racing suspension tuning. I don't even know where to go to after trying those settings.

The sheet with the settings in the box said something like 8 and 14, a lot higher then what Kelly at BMR said.

BMR Tech

Honestly, I can't give basic settings.

It truly depends on several variables. The settings in the box may work, or they may not. Their recommendations aren't based on cars that have a wide range of anti squat adjustment.

If you ask 10 different people what I recommend to them, you'll likely get 10 different settings. I like to know the entire car/combo before throwing numbers out. I also try to / recommend, starting lower. The stiffer the settings (higher the #) the harder it is to see what the car "wants" to do.

The best way to adjust a damper, is to adjust it based on what the car does, before affecting it by dampening.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
What kind of suspension do you have done? have you liked those settings?

What setting did you use for the front strange adjustables? Mine kinda seems really bouncy even on bumps that arent even on the road..

I have not ran with my new shocks and spring setup yet. I have koni yellows up front and have them full soft.

On the street ive been running full soft all the way around and it rides really nice.

toomnymods

Established Member
I have not ran with my new shocks and spring setup yet. I have koni yellows up front and have them full soft.

On the street ive been running full soft all the way around and it rides really nice.

ohh i have the strange single adjustables and viking doubles in the back..

still lost as hell where to set everything. i just know how it is set now it bounces all over the place even when thiers no bumps around.. once it hits a pebble or small dip in the road it just bounces and bounces and bounces..

Eric@jpc

Established Member
No problem, I know nothing about drag racing suspension tuning. I don't even know where to go to after trying those settings.

The sheet with the settings in the box said something like 8 and 14, a lot higher then what Kelly at BMR said.

What you should do is have some one video the car. On a nice camera not a cell phone. Upload the video in slow motion and real speed and we can all chime in on how to help

:beer:

8 and 14 is alot more then i would suggest as well

Zevox

Established Member
ohh i have the strange single adjustables and viking doubles in the back..

still lost as hell where to set everything. i just know how it is set now it bounces all over the place even when thiers no bumps around.. once it hits a pebble or small dip in the road it just bounces and bounces and bounces..

I'm running 3C and 5R on my vikings and 3 on my strange struts. I really didn't notice any difference turning the struts up as far as ride quality. It seems to bounce less over bumps but the ride isn't any harsher.

I had my vikings on 3c/7r and it was crazy bouncy. Turned it down to 5r and its a nice ride. I wouldn't day its any more harsh than stock brembo suspension. I do want to mention my UCA is in the wrong hole in the mount, my shop was doing it wrong that day, so I'm not sure if that means my settings won't work the same for you?

Edit- This is my daily driving settings, just making it clear. Not really sure what I run at the track, haven't been back after I put my UCA and springs in because the UCA is in the wrong hole.

Last edited:

toomnymods

Established Member
I'm running 3C and 5R on my vikings and 3 on my strange struts. I really didn't notice any difference turning the struts up as far as ride quality. It seems to bounce less over bumps but the ride isn't any harsher.

I had my vikings on 3c/7r and it was crazy bouncy. Turned it down to 5r and its a nice ride. I wouldn't day its any more harsh than stock brembo suspension. I do want to mention my UCA is in the wrong hole in the mount, my shop was doing it wrong that day, so I'm not sure if that means my settings won't work the same for you?

Edit- This is my daily driving settings, just making it clear. Not really sure what I run at the track, haven't been back after I put my UCA and springs in because the UCA is in the wrong hole.

Thanks zevox ill give that a try i know my settings are atleast double that.
Think stranges r at 5/6 and vikings are at like 8/13 like the paper reccomended

toomnymods

Established Member
That adjustment made a gigantic diffrence. It rides almost as smooth as stock, still planted in corners and straightline acceleration is just beyond nuts now. I can still break the tires loose at 6600 rpms shifting into 2nd though. Im thinking thats just cause of the stock pos pzeros though..
Cant wait to get some forged racing wheels and michelin pilot super sports :)

Zevox

Established Member
That adjustment made a gigantic diffrence. It rides almost as smooth as stock, still planted in corners and straightline acceleration is just beyond nuts now. I can still break the tires loose at 6600 rpms shifting into 2nd though. Im thinking thats just cause of the stock pos pzeros though..
Cant wait to get some forged racing wheels and michelin pilot super sports :)

Great news man! What did you put your settings to? My next mod has got to be tires and maybe wheels. No reason to put more power down if I can't get traction off the line now with these spin happy pirellis. At least after all my suspension mods its way better than stock was, but still bad.

toomnymods

Established Member
Great news man! What did you put your settings to? My next mod has got to be tires and maybe wheels. No reason to put more power down if I can't get traction off the line now with these spin happy pirellis. At least after all my suspension mods its way better than stock was, but still bad.

I left the front strange adjustables at 6, and set the rear Vikings to 3c and 5r like you suggested.. :)
I'm glad you posted when you did I was getting very frustrated with my suspension.. lol I didn't think by following their directions itd be that bouncy, guess just goes to show every car is different, but I think me and you have very similar suspension mods..

Users who are viewing this thread