VIN in VW front windshield (Sorry, not a Ford question)

Hotrod Tommy

SVT Poster
Established Member
First off, sorry this is not a Ford question, but I'm not sure where else to ask.

I have a 1962 VW Bug, and I recently found a ticket under the windshield wiper for no VIN displayed in the windshield. That's it. That was the ticket. Nothing else. Problem is, VW bugs do not have, nor have they ever (up to some model up in the 80s) had a VIN displayed in the window. This bug is 1962 stock, not lowered, front and back plates, current registration, no tint, nothing that would call attention to it, and it was parked legally. Anyone think it's strange to get this ticket? How would it even have come about? Thanks.

I got it in Santa Barbara and I did't have the time to go up there and fight it so I just payed the fine.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
wouldnt have been much of a fight...maybe 30 minutes at the dmv. its kinda like when i would get looks from cops for not having rear seatbelts and only lap belts in my 67 mustang

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
You could have spoken to the clerk of the court, and the explanation is easily verified and the ticket would have been dismissed.

Users who are viewing this thread