Vinyl rear bumper inserts...

Raz

Established Member
I was curious to know if anyone here has purchased the vinyl decal inserts for the rear bumper of the Cobra. Does anyone know how well they hold up? How well do they look compared to the stainless steel inserts? I recently bought the chrome vinyl inserts for mine.

Raz

Established Member
So, you are saying the stainless steel is much better then?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Stainless steel are not better than vinyl. Nor is vinyl better than stainless steel. It is more of a preference decision. I went with Bob White Decals black vinyl inserts. He makes a number of colors, even a reflective black than looks silver at night. They are precision cut and really look more "factory" IMO. For vinyl, I wouldn't use anything else but Bob White's product. If installed properly the vinyl inserts look like painted letters. Again, it's a personal decision which one to buy. They both have their good point and bad points.

Another source for stainless stell inserts (although I know little about product) is AutoBadges.com. http://www.autobadges.com/ssbumperinserts/

03 COBRA SB

Rocky Mtn. SVT Cobra
Established Member
CobraBob said:
Stainless steel are not better than vinyl. Nor is vinyl better than stainless steel. It is more of a preference decision. I went with Bob White Decals black vinyl inserts. He makes a number of colors, even a reflective black than looks silver at night. They are precision cut and really look more "factory" IMO. For vinyl, I wouldn't use anything else but Bob White's product. If installed properly the vinyl inserts look like painted letters. Again, it's a personal decision which one to buy. They both have their good point and bad points.

Another source for stainless stell inserts (although I know little about product) is AutoBadges.com. http://www.autobadges.com/ssbumperinserts/

+1 i have the black vinyl, and they look great, they have held up to everything that has been used on them.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
03 COBRA SB said:
+1 i have the black vinyl, and they look great, they have held up to everything that has been used on them.
The fitment to the letter indentations is really precise, isn't it? I have to say, though, that I messed up on my first set. I didn't spray enough water on the letters and I got a lot of air bubbles. I couldn't squeegie them out. I called Bob and explained my goof and he sent me another set at his cost if I remember right. Great customer service. And he took the time to explain to me over the phone the RIGHT way to spray the letters. My second set install went perfectly. Not even one air bubble.

SVT04

Established Member
CobraBob said:
The fitment to the letter indentations is really precise, isn't it? I have to say, though, that I messed up on my first set. I didn't spray enough water on the letters and I got a lot of air bubbles. I couldn't squeegie them out. I called Bob and explained my goof and he sent me another set at his cost if I remember right. Great customer service. And he took the time to explain to me over the phone the RIGHT way to spray the letters. My second set install went perfectly. Not even one air bubble.

What is the proper way ??? I got air bubbles in mine :fm:

Lethal SVT97

BLUEVNM
Established Member

SpectorV

Established Member
I cant decide what type I want if any.... I dont think chrome/polished look right on redfire and I dont want black lol (

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I tried the vinyl on my Mystic Cobra and they suck. Easy to mess up and look cheap. I tried two sets of the SS and had one cut my finger washing the car and others fall off and I prepped well but the bumper is curved and that dont help. I then found the domed 3d inserts for 40 bucks on ebay and would use nothing else. They look good, clean easy and wont come off. Here are the pics on my Cobra and GT-Shane

Pics to follow...dayum Government computers.... :fm:

03 COBRA SB

Rocky Mtn. SVT Cobra
Established Member
CobraBob said:

the directions that Bob sent worked well when i installed, just like putting decal's on glass. IMO, and it does look liked it is painted.

03 COBRA SB

Rocky Mtn. SVT Cobra
Established Member
mysticsvt said:
I tried the vinyl on my Mystic Cobra and they suck. Easy to mess up and look cheap. I tried two sets of the SS and had one cut my finger washing the car and others fall off and I prepped well but the bumper is curved and that dont help. I then found the domed 3d inserts for 40 bucks on ebay and would use nothing else. They look good, clean easy and wont come off. Here are the pics on my Cobra and GT-Shane

Pics to follow...dayum Government computers.... :fm:

maybe SS should only be used on Redfire, then when you bleed, the color matches! ;-)

nolaox517

Established Member
i have the chrome vinyl inserts on my dsg cobra right now, they look really good except when my friend had put them on he messed up a bit on the O and the R. Still looks pretty good though, but i just order a set of stainless steel inserts from www.autobadges.com so we'll see how they turn out.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse

vipergts281

Established Member
CobraBob said:
I agree.

I put the Bob White vinyl letters on my Cobra the day I got it. Now, after alomst 3 years and over 71,000 miles they still look brand new.

04Venom

Established Member
Whatever you do, don't buy the vinyl lettering from Graphic Express; I ended up throwing them away and bought another set from a local vendor.

LeftinthedusT

Learning...
Established Member
I bought cheap set of ebay for i think 4 bucks? they worked and look great, if they rip or anything, ill just spend another couple of bucks

IMG_2340good.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread