Viper Build Thread

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Hopefully the link works, but you’ll need to join. Someone spotted your Viper and I posted a link to this thread:

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member

Attachments

• 6-2-2023 2-50-01 PM.png
    6-2-2023 2-50-01 PM.png
    662 KB · Views: 91

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Limp mode problem solved. Too much oxygen in the fuel for the current tune.

Brake caliper held strong.

Aero was awesome.

Still dialing out some understeer.

Ran a personal best though of 1:38.77! Video to come Monday. I was VERY happy with it. Especially doing it as my front brake master cylinder was failing in tons of humidity. I'd guess I can run a 36 here.

1000005149.jpg

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Getting faster... Still need to do better with leaning on the aero. We're going to lower the front another couple of millimeters in order to put a little more oversteer in to it, right now it understeers fairly hard still.

New brake master cylinders are going in as well. It's not fun going into a corner only to have no pedal.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
Getting faster... Still need to do better with leaning on the aero. We're going to lower the front another couple of millimeters in order to put a little more oversteer in to it, right now it understeers fairly hard still.

New brake master cylinders are going in as well. It's not fun going into a corner only to have no pedal.

Still never get over the sound of these. Very different for sure. That thing comes out of the turns wicked quick.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Rough weekend. Rushed to get the trailer set up for the weekend. Had a wiring issue with one of the taillights, ended up saying screw it and took it 4.5 hours North anyways.

Get to the track and get the car unloaded. Use the air jacks to raise the car and install the splitter. Got the splitter installed and then walked to the back to remove the air lance... the hose (that was brand new this week) had a bubble near the fitting. So I had to run to a hardware store to get a new one.

Got everything sorted on the car and fasteners double checked Thursday night. Woke up early for the driver's meeting and to get the morning rolling. Typically the first session or two are the fastest so I was ready to roll.

Group 1 went out on track and I gridded immediately to be 1st in Group 2. I sat there for 25 minutes and finally got the thumbs up!

Everything felt pretty good going through the pits then out on track. I went in to turn 4 knowing I was going to stomp the brakes and make sure they were good after replacing the masters on Tuesday. Car about went into a 180 spin. Quickly adjusted a ton of bias to the front and hoped for a better result in turn 5... same thing. So off the track I go and back to the garage.

I'm not the biggest guy in the world but laying in the foot well upside down is pretty snug. Looked like the bias bar was improperly adjusted and the masters for the front and the rear were even, rather than the front being 1/4 longer.

Took off the hood and broke a side latch. Ended up cutting an Allen wrench to slide through as a pin to hold it together and finish the event.

Went back out on track for the third session (worked through the 2nd one), and turn 4 came up...car stopped relatively straight...turn 5, zero brake pressure and ABS warning lights going crazy. Back to the garage.

Bled the brakes 2x's the amount of fluid capacity...same issue. At this point I'm getting frustrated.

Realizing that I could mess with it all day and still not fix it, I decided to haul 4.5 hours back to my shop and hope to fix it. Got to the shop at 5pm...stayed until 1am. Couldn't get the ABS pump to bleed correctly. Last night I had planned to go back this morning and keep at it, but I woke up exhausted and decided it was time to toss in the towel.

Met a lot of cool people at Hastings and look forward to making it up next year! I'll get the car sorted this week, and then painted the following week and "should " be good to go.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Man. Glad you tested the brakes before you ran hard. That could have turned into a bad day in a hurry.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yep. I was pretty pissed it burned a weekend...but like I told my wife I was thankful I didn't end up in a wall.

AJ Peterson is winning/will win the weekend with a co driver in their GT3R Viper. 1 of 7 built. I'm not going to guarantee I could beat him...but it would've been damn close.

1000005236.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread