Virgin build, Dyno tune by Kurgan. E85 Twin 62mm through 4L80E

Droppintwins

Established Member
I brought my car down to Kurgan yesterday at Deans Performance in St Charles IL. He tuned with with my SCT and it make GREAT numbers or so I think! Ended the day at:

18.5 Degrees timing

21 PSI Boost (Dyno Sheet shows 22.8 but Eboost 2 showed 21PSI.

1007.93 RWHP and 822.81 RWTQ!

I'm very happy with these numbers. He also only spun the motor to 6700 and it never saw peak at that point yet.

I will be the first to say Bob Kurgan and Deans performance made lifetime customers out of me and a friend of mine that came along. The tuning ability and overall knowledge of these cars that these two have is unreal!

Droppintwins

Established Member
Sure. It's a Livernois forged 5.0 stroker motor with stage 3 ported heads, Custom billet turbo cams, ported sullivan intake, stock ecu, stock ignition.

crfrider16

Heretic
Established Member
How was boost measured? I only ask because if it was good equipment, I would tend to go with that number. My old tuner used some crazy omegadyne lab grade pressure transducer, and it always read a little off from my eboost2. I know you're E85, so 2 lbs shouldn't blow the motor, but just something to keep in mind.

Droppintwins

Established Member
How was boost measured? I only ask because if it was good equipment, I would tend to go with that number. My old tuner used some crazy omegadyne lab grade pressure transducer, and it always read a little off from my eboost2. I know you're E85, so 2 lbs shouldn't blow the motor, but just something to keep in mind.

The reason we followed the eboost2 and not the dyno jet is because we determined the eboost was spot on with the reading of the gate sprIngs. The dyno jet read higher. Eboost2 setups are also well known for their accuracy. Also what kurgan recommend and he has used this dyno before so he is familiar with it.

Droppintwins

Established Member
The Dyno Sheet for those interested!

Attachments

• DanL.jpg
    DanL.jpg
    336.2 KB · Views: 678

Droppintwins

Established Member
What hot side?

Thanks Man. Turbo Horsepower Performance is the entire kit. However we had to modify a lot of the kit to get everything to fit/work properly. Cooling system has the mmr kit joining the rear of the heads and has thermostat relocated to upper hose with a similar hose to the GT hose on the bottom. Also have fluidyne radiator and a electric fan.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread