Virgin build, Dyno tune by Kurgan. E85 Twin 62mm through 4L80E

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
Nice! What turbos? Also, why did you stop the pull before making peak power?

Last edited:

Droppintwins

Established Member
Glad to see you got it all working, sucks when stuff doesn't fit. What maf is that?

Yeah it was a mess to get it all figured out. It was a VMP BA5000 in a 4" housing.. That didn't last long. Bob took one look at it and was like yeah that is not going to work. He said he would try to tune the car with it anyways but had no luck. The problem lies that at idle the can does not flow enough air to register on the MAF. Therefore with such a large housing it is impossible to get it to idle. (VMP themselves recommended this housing and MAF so do not trust their advice). We then had to cut the MAf mount out of the housing and weld it in a 3" aluminum pipe that Deans performance happened to have laying around. To top that off we had to borrow a HPX-E MAF off another customers car to dyno my car and then I gave him the MAF back so he could drive home. Needless to say I was very lucky to have such nice people surrounding me that day! Needless to say I ordered up a HPX-E for myself that night and it just arrived yesterday! Time to fab the new intake pipe and put it together!

Droppintwins

Established Member
Nice! What turbos? Also, why did you stop the pull before making peak power?

Twin 62mm Garrett ball bearing turbos. I do not know the specifics of them other than they are a ball bearing center section put in a turbo that was originally journal bearing. I was not provided any further information on them as they were provided with my kit. I think they are equivalent to a GT35R.

As for the peak power I am not really sure why Bob shut it down a tad early. I think we were all just happy to see that 1k number after screwing around with the car all day. I'm sure it also has to do with that he does not know exactly what is done to the motor and I'm sure he don't want it on his clock if it were to scatter on the floor.

From what I can tell tho this thing seems to be making incredible power for the boost level. I was looking on here last night and have yet to see any 1000rwhp Cobra at 20lbs of boost. Guess ill have to do a full pull on it another time and maybe add a few lbs of boost! haha. Ill have to see what duty cycle the injectors are currently running first..

Droppintwins

Established Member
It's definitely making awesome power. What injectors do you have now? How do you like the 4L80E?

I have ID1300 injectors. IDK what duty cycle they are at currently, ill have to look into that before i try to turn up the boost. I have yet to even drive the car with the 4L80E so ill have to get back to you on that! haha. I do however have quite the trick shifter setup! I'm sure some guys will not like it but oh well. Shifter 1.jpgShifter 2.jpg

Droppintwins

Established Member
wow, very impressive!
whats the compression on your motor?

Its only at 9:1 so nothing too crazy. Other things I didn't mention above is that I have a LFP throttle body, 1mm oversized intake and exhaust valves with the 03 cobra ported heads, and a canton windage tray. That's all I can think of engine wise.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
What kind of plugs and gap are you running on it?

Congrats on the awesome numbers. I've had mine up to Dean's Performance several times for Bob to tune it. I won't take mine anywhere else now. He and Hans are great guys.

Droppintwins

Established Member
36UOTE=Tabres;14809577]What kind of plugs and gap are you running on it?

Congrats on the awesome numbers. I've had mine up to Dean's Performance several times for Bob to tune it. I won't take mine anywhere else now. He and Hans are great guys.[/QUOTE]

Yeah they are. I will not go anywhere else either after my experience with them.

NGK 3690 @ .15 gap. (That was the recomendation by Bob)

svt4me38

BOWENZMOTORSPORTS.COM
Established Member
I know you said ID1300s, but what are the specs on the complete fuel system?
Your car has definitely got my hopes up for mine. Gonna be similar with the exception of a 03-04 mach intake manifold ported with single blade and twin precision 62s through a th400.

Last edited:

Droppintwins

Established Member
I know you said ID1300s, but what are the specs on the complete fuel system?
Your car has definitely got my hopes up for mine. Gonna be similar with the exception of a 03-04 mach intake manifold ported with single blade and twin precision 62s through a th400.

Haha yeah sounds a lot like me build then! The rest of the fuel system is:

-12 from tank (Behind bars race cars aluminum under car style) to aeromotive 10 micron filter
filter is directly connected to Weldon 2345 fuel pump
-10 one way check valve located shortly after pump
-10 to fuelab E85 compatible filter (60 micron i believe)
Y block to twin -8 lines feeding rails
rails routed to weldon boost reference fuel pressure reg
-8 return line to tank

Also have a weldon fuel pump controller so pump is not at constant high speed on street

All hoses and fittings are black Redhorse Performance E85 compatible hose

Let me know if you have any other questions! Good luck with that build!

Mr.Venom

Quick with Boltons
Established Member
I love stuff like this, shows how efficient you've got your engine to flow with the heads/cams/intake manifold choices. Very nice, I'm impressed. :rockon:

04whitesvtlight

the beast is almost mine
Established Member
I think you meet my buddy josh he had that black 97 with a terminator swap he sent me a picture of your setup and it's almost exactly how my car looked a few years ago. Sick numbers and it sounds amazing gotta love the sound of turbos when there fully spooled up.

RussZTT

Established Member
I have the same kit. Did you have to move the ABS block on the passenger side for the biger AR?

Users who are viewing this thread