VMP 2.3 TVS 04 Auto Cobra Dyno Results!!!

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
If you're looking for a long drawn out thread telling you "I'm getting tuned, I'm getting tuned, I'm getting tuned and still no tune" this isn't it. If you're looking for a "I'm getting tuned the summer after next, just wanted to give everyone a heads up" thread, again, this isn't it. If you're looking for a "I'm not sure what blower I'm going to get, but can somebody guess my HP/TQ #s for me" thread, I promise you this isn't it either. All I have are HP/TQ #s from being tuned by Dave Guy at DGR Performance on his Dynojet :rockon: LOTS of info/details below as I'm trying to paint as accurate a picture as possible to help others who plan to go this route in the future. Happy reading and hope this information helps, if not blame everything on Rick (SENKAK) as it's his fault that I have this blower on my car lol :burnout:

Got my car dyno tuned with the TVS and I'm THOROUGHLY satisfied. My mods are as follows:
2004 SVT Mustang Cobra
4R70W Automatic Transmission w/Over Drive and Lock up
Stock Motor
VMP 2.3 TVS Supercharger
VMP 3.2 and 3.0 Upper Pulleys
Metco 4lb Lower Pulley
Long Tubes with Catted X-pipe
Dragon TB
JLT Ram Air Intake
New FORE fuel hat with Twin GT pumps
Dual FPDM with wire upgrade
60lb Injectors
103s (spark plugs) gapped at .28
Stock fuel line (Dave said Fuel Pressure Duty Cycle should drop by 10 with upgraded fuel line).
One off custom Killer Chiller to cool IAT temps and Transmission (Dave Guy was impressed at how well the KC kept the IAT temps down).

Tuned on a Dynojet (Version/model 243 I believe) and numbers are STD

3.2/4lb on 93 Pump with 18* timing produced 607/580 (dyno showed 569, but tires spinned, so we're going with 580 lol) at 20lbs of boost (90% Fuel Pressure Duty Cycle).
607580.jpg

3.0/4lb on 93 Pump with 17* timing produced 604/607 (lost 3 RWHP, but picked up 27 RWTQ, air intake temps went up 16-20 Degrees) at 22lbs of boost.
604607-1.jpg

Dave said he likes the 3.2/4lb combo better since it's less heat being produced and he feels the 3.2/4lb is the sweet spot for the stock motor when comparing it with the 3.0/4lb combo (this combo also jumped up to 98% on my Fuel Pressure Duty Cycle).

3.0/4lb on MS109 Unleaded Race Fuel with 21* timing produced 634/613 at 22lbs of boost.
634613.jpg

I wish I would've did a 3.2/4lb MS109 pull to see what it would've produced. I mentioned it to Dave and he said it's a good idea and he thinks it might actually produce better numbers since it would generate less heat and he can get more aggressive with timing etc and it also uses less fuel.

Keep in mind these numbers are through an Auto, so add about 40 to each number for a Stick car.

I have the dyno sheets in my email, but the files are .drf and my computer won't open them:bash: I have hard copies, so when I get to work next week I'll scan them in and upload them to this thread.

Lots of people to thank.
Jason Roth (TRBO VNM) of Competition Speed and Sound for installing the blower and working out the bugs with the car getting everything working properly and setup/ready for tuning, to include coming up with ideas and getting parts for me, so I didn't order the wrong ones:lol:.

Dave Guy tuning and providing lots of information to me and helping me understand the tune etc.

Rick (SENKAK) for giving me the details about this blower almost 3yrs ago when I first noticed it and he was running the prototype. I knew back then this was going to be my blower whenever it finally hit the market and I'm happy I waited. Lots of good blowers out for our cars, but I knew the TVS was the one for me.

Rick, thanks for always being ready to provide info and feedback about the blower and our cars in general. You definitely made the decision to get this blower my primary choice. Had it not been for you keeping me in the loop and giving me an understanding of the workings of TVS Eatons I would have a different blower on my car. Thanks for keeping me focused on the TVS, I don't think I could be happier:beer:

Justin of VMP tuning for taking the time and having the desire to develop the 2.3 TVS for the 03/04 Cobras. These cars are 8-9yrs old and we have brand new blowers available to choose from. Thanks for making the TVS another EXCELLENT option:rockon:

Joe Kincaid (Owner of Killer Chiller) for making my one-off kit to help keep my trans cool as well my IAT temps down and still cool the cab. I was stuck in traffic today and noticed that sitting still makes the in cab air get warm since the system is doing three jobs (cooling IATs, cooling transmission and cooling passengers inside car). However, when the car is rolling normal my in car A/C is as cold as it was before I added the KC. Once I get on the car the A/C gets warm, but once the IAT temps come back down the A/C gets ice cold again. It was about 80* today in stop and go traffic. I'll see how it does driving/getting on it this summer with hotter temps.

Brian (POSI) for getting the Dragon TB for me as it was the only one I wanted after finding out how well they performed on our cars and as you can see the numbers are nice with the help of it. Thanks for the deals on all the parts I've gotten from you and the excellent customer service. Best vendor alive:thumbsup:

Also, there's a guy named Jake running around here. If anybody sees him tell him I'm looking for him:poke:

Last edited:

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
We are so glad you are happy.
Thank you for the compliments.
Get that thing to the track and see what it will do!!!

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Awesome numbers!!! Care to post up some pics of said monster??? Also if you care to email me your .drf files I can open them up and send you back the graphs. PM me if you want to do that.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Awesome results bud, I'm doing a 2.3 TVS + 4r75w build right now...3.0+4lb lower will be my pulley combo as well...can wait to see what she runs.

For comparison sake I made 656/590 @ 19psi, and 681/642 @ 21psi w/19* timing in both tunes. Your pretty close considering loss thru the auto.

Last edited:

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
Awsome job congrats!!! I can't agree w/ you anymore about Rick @ Vmp and Joe @ KC. Customer service is top notch!!! My Vmp Tvs should be getting tuned next week...

I have the same fuel system minus 60's I have 80's and dual fpdm set-up w/ wire upgrade. @ 90% Duty Cycle, I may install a Bap next winter if mine's that close.

Last edited:

raym5_0

on 3 u go
Established Member
GL w/new combo..... if you have not switched to Industrial 12a freon, DO IT, you will notice cooler cab temps...

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
Car should move out. Congrats.
Yeah, it was a little scary driving home. Still haven't put my foot to the floor yet since I'm on bald Nitto 555Rs:bash:
We are so glad you are happy.
Thank you for the compliments.
Get that thing to the track and see what it will do!!!
NP. Yeah, I'll find a track rental at some point.
Congrats!! ....Your car should move pretty quick down the 1/4 mile! :)
That's the plan:burnout:
Awesome numbers!!! Care to post up some pics of said monster??? Also if you care to email me your .drf files I can open them up and send you back the graphs. PM me if you want to do that.
Funny, I actually call it The Monsta! lol. There's a pic in my sig. I'll get pix of everything and post eventually.
Awesome results bud, I'm doing a 2.3 TVS + 4r75w build right now...3.0+4lb lower will be my pulley combo as well...can wait to see what she runs.

For comparison sake I made 656/590 @ 19psi, and 681/642 @ 21psi w/19* timing in both tunes. Your pretty close considering loss thru the auto.
When are you planning on having dyno numbers for your 4R75W? I'm very interested to see how it does compared to mine, so we'll have a true gauge of where these Autos fit into the equation.
Awsome job congrats!!! I can't agree w/ you anymore about Rick @ Vmp and Joe @ KC. Customer service is top notch!!! My Vmp Tvs should be getting tuned next week...

I have the same fuel system minus 60's I have 80's and dual fpdm set-up w/ wire upgrade. @ 90% Duty Cycle, I may install a Bap next winter if mine's that close.
You have the FORE hat w/Twin GT Pumps? Do you have an upgraded fuel line? If not, that will drop your duty cycle about 10 according to Dave. That way you won't need to get a BAP. I want the least amount of pieces to my puzzle as possible.
Good to hear.
Yep, been a LONG TIME coming!
R u running long tubes ?
Yep, I knew I would forget to add something to the parts list.
GL w/new combo..... if you have not switched to Industrial 12a freon, DO IT, you will notice cooler cab temps...
I'll have to check into that. Does Joe recommend this? I remember he recommended the same freon we use from the factory (R34 I believe) back when I first got it, so I'd like to know if he changed his mind and recommends the 12a now?

raym5_0

on 3 u go
Established Member
^ Joe recommends it, on his group buy thread he gives the link to the vendor that sells it, and offers a discount ( free shipping ) if you mention Kincaid sent you.

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
Just spoke with him and he doesn't recommend it for my setup. He said due to mine cooling two separate systems (IATs and Trans) the R134 will handle the fluctuation levels better than the Industrial 12a. However, he said the 12a is colder than the R134, but my system wouldn't be as good with it. Thanks for the heads up though.

gamebred26

Established Member
what headers did you get to fit with the 4r70w?

you didnt lock it up in 3rd on the dyno did you?

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
Congrats!! running crappy regular 555's? WHEW!! Time for REAL tires!

Thanks. Oh yeah, I had the Nittos on my 18s for a while and they're finally almost done (still a lil tread left). With the Ported Eaton I was good with them, but I have Hoosier DRs for my 17x10.5 Cobra Reps, so I'm gonna switch my wheels/tires soon.

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
what headers did you get to fit with the 4r70w?

you didnt lock it up in 3rd on the dyno did you?

Same headers I had before the 4R70W. I haven't heard about anyone switching LTs when they go Auto:shrug:

Yeah, you lock the converter in 3rd on the dyno and then make the pull.

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
Hell Yeah, great numbers and congrats on finally getting it completed. It's been a long time coming so now its time for some track results... BTW, i'm working out a deal on a 4R70W for my car as well... That'll make 2 VMP TVS Cobras with automatics... Well, then theres Jakes car but he's in a leauge of his own LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread