VMP 2.65 Pump Gas

M122GT500

Established Member
Call your tuning company of choice and talk to them about it. They don't sell parts so they have no "number" agenda and what they tell you won't be a guess.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
Thank you for the info V. I am not sure on which tuner I will be using but I need somebody that does not run 10.8 AFR like my last tuner did that hurt my engine.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
720? I thought stock motor combos make 720 on 93 pump? I am confused. Your KB 3.6 made 820 and the 2.65 is known to make more power from the VMP vid I watched. 2.65 vs 3.6

Full bolt on car (5.4) at sea level on stock motor, 3R, full bolt ons and 93 will make around 712/678 safely, on a non canned tune.

VMP inflates thier numbers
..... "glory pulls" to market products where longevity doesn't matter.

M122GT500

Established Member
Full bolt on car (5.4) at sea level on stock motor, 3R, full bolt ons and 93 will make around 712/678 safely, on a non canned tune.

VMP inflates thier numbers
..... "glory pulls" to market products where longevity doesn't matter.
Ok so I imagine with ported heads/cams and built engine 900 is possible.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Correct I do not have the money for e85 in a drum to just drive it to work and back a couple times a week. I do plan to buy some good fuel for a smaller pulley.
We don’t have E85 anywhere close and I am not keen on having a drum of highly volatile fuel sitting around the house. That just doesn’t sit well with me.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Thank you for the info V. I am not sure on which tuner I will be using but I need somebody that does not run 10.8 AFR like my last tuner did that hurt my engine.
How exactly would 10.8:1 at wot hurt your engine?

M122GT500

Established Member
How exactly would 10.8:1 at wot hurt your engine?

Well running it too rich along with too much timing to make up for the loss of power from running it too fat was what caused the failure. If you or your tuner is not pulling plugs after a WOT pull and checking it then you will never optimize a combo. Also out of curiosity what aftermarket combo calls for 10.8:1 AFR WOT in a GT500?

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
THIS should be fun....

Yes

We don’t have E85 anywhere close and I am not keen on having a drum of highly volatile fuel sitting around the house. That just doesn’t sit well with me.

Not to mention, once opened, it will begin to take on moisture.

Factory sealed 5 gallon cans would be preferred, I think. I've been running this scenario through my head recently.

Ok so I imagine with ported heads/cams and built engine 900 is possible.

Who is building your engine and who is tuning it?

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Well running it too rich along with too much timing to make up for the loss of power from running it too fat was what caused the failure. If you or your tuner is not pulling plugs after a WOT pull and checking it then you will never optimize a combo. Also out of curiosity what aftermarket combo calls for 10.8:1 AFR WOT in a GT500?

. 77 lambda (10.8:1) based on Ford's factory stoich of 14.08 is most definitely not rich enough to hurt anything. Is it optimal? No. But it IS leaner than than when the car goes into enrichment for temps, specifically cats and other exhaust components.

. 80-.81 is a more normal commanded lambda for this car.

As to how much timing, that's going to depend on load and afr certainly can be a modifier, depending on how the file was written.

M122GT500

Established Member
. 77 lambda (10.8:1) based on Ford's factory stoich of 14.08 is most definitely not rich enough to hurt anything. Is it optimal? No. But it IS leaner than than when the car goes into enrichment for temps, specifically cats and other exhaust components.

. 80-.81 is a more normal commanded lambda for this car.

As to how much timing, that's going to depend on load and afr certainly can be a modifier, depending on how the file was written.

Ah ok you agree that 10.8 is rich WOT. Not sure what role timing plays in regards AFR since timing is based off timing marks on the plug strap? I mean if the plugs say a GT500 likes 11.8:1 WOT and 18* then that’s what it needs.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Ah ok you agree that 10.8 is rich WOT. Not sure what role timing plays in regards AFR since timing is based off timing marks on the plug strap? I mean if the plugs say a GT500 likes 11.8:1 WOT and 18* then that’s what it needs.
You mentioned richness and timing as being the problem.

I addressed them both. Timing doesn't play a role in air/fuel but air/fuel can play a role in spark advance.

Properly reading plugs is certainly important. I supply my clients with specific instructions and pictures, giving them the information they need to provide me with critical feedback. Being a 99% remote only tuning company, communication and back and forth feedback is of paramount importance to us and our clients.

M122GT500

Established Member
Not to mention, once opened, it will begin to take on moisture.

Factory sealed 5 gallon cans would be preferred, I think. I've been running this scenario through my head recently.

Who is building your engine and who is tuning it?
Locally built and tuned.

M122GT500

Established Member
Didn't answer the question
Locally built? In your garage?
I need a motor built
Not afraid to travel for the right builder
What kind of estimate are they quoting
It’s a friend of mine that builds them on the side. He doesn’t usually take on builds unless he knows the person.

Users who are viewing this thread