VMP TVS Custom Dyno Tune vs Email Tune.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
Hard to know at this point if the tune was ever optimalized.All prelim tunes are sent out very conservative until they can be verified by datalogs to be functioning as progammed to function in a vehicle.

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
In the SCT Xcal it says VMP Tune and that was the one loaded in the car. I bought the car from the second owner and he told me there was a lund tune in the car to begin with and then a revision and then the VMP tune and it was much better. Again, in the SCT it has two lund tunes and one VMP tune, and now my dyno tune and race gas tune. No stickers anywhere on the car.

The car was trailered to my tuner since he is about 200 miles from me and i didnt want to run the car that far without the proper tuning in it. We put it on and let it run until temps were good and made the first pull. then from there he started tweaking. It was pretty cool out, 64* and iat's never got above 81.

The cobra was a ported eaton with a 2.8 pulley and a canned Amazon tune in the SCT not a custom email tune. So nothing special or very spot on to begin with. Like i have said many times in here this little TVS is bada$$ and i'm definatley impressed with it. Heath @ Premier Performance in Salt Lake does my tuning and is awesome at his job. Highly reccomend him.

I was referring to the sticker on the tuner, not on the car. We will never know if the tune was messed or properly datalogged. I'm glad you are happy with the performance now.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Congrats on your new power, a custom dyno tune is always the best but a lot of us don't live near any good tuners. I've had several email tunes from vmp and all have been dead on. The only other car on the boards I've seen with a similar setup as mine is ironterp. He has a custom dyno tune vs my vmp email tune and our numbers are almost identical.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
The torque seems quite low for a TVS. What RPM was it pulled to? Do you have a print out of the graph? Or maybe the two to compare?

04-OW-COBRA

Established Member
adf9c5a9-3e5f-461a-9027-37f99811650a.jpg
[/IMG]

04-OW-COBRA

Established Member
Would having 3.73 gears instead of the stock 3.31 hurt tq #'s? I know it's been debated over and over but i still haven't found a clear answer. Most everything i have read says that lower rear end gears will effect #'s but by how much im not sure.

Last edited:

Kenneth

Established Member
I believe 3:73's should show more torque on the dyno than 3:31's.

BTW my car has 3:73's also.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
3.73's and 4.10's will show a lower number in both HP and TQ when compared with 3.31's. Dyno'ing with drag radials will also negatively effect your numbers.

04-OW-COBRA

Established Member
Yeah i figured it did, is there a common percentage to add back in to figure out about how much you lose?

Users who are viewing this thread