vmp twin 67

10gt5

Established Member
I tried searching but my phone keeps messing it up, what are the gains on the 67 over the 65 cj tb?

Fuerig

Established Member
I would say gains would depend on four factors

1. Blower Size
2. Intake size
3. Your elbow
4. Your tune

Imo , you can have the largest throttle body available but it wont do any good if the blower cant utilize the extra air.

10gt5

Established Member
I've got the vmp tvs and elbow, plus jlt 123,I'm gonna be doing a light port on the inlet of the blower as well....I hope the 67 drives as good as the 65 does

Reis racing

Established Member
I just installed a 67mm tb on my car and it made 40hp more. Stock 13 Tvs with JLT cai. And the tuner didn't add more timing for the extra power.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Well I'm guessing of you have a 65mm right now you wont feel much gain from a 67mm
If you have a stock tb or a cj 63mm you should feel a gain

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Well I'm guessing of you have a 65mm right now you wont feel much gain from a 67mm
If you have a stock tb or a cj 63mm you should feel a gain

Average 10-15 rwhp over a CJ65.

There's no difference between the 63.5 and 65 CJs.

bj

VNMOUS1

Established Member
How is there no difference in the 63.5-65mm?

It was a 62.5mm, then it was finished slightly differently and morphed into a 63.5 for use in the Cobra Jet. The 65's extra 1.5mm has no measurable power advantage on a dyno pull. I've logged all 3.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
It was a 62.5mm, then it was finished slightly differently and morphed into a 63.5 for use in the Cobra Jet. The 65's extra 1.5mm has no measurable power advantage on a dyno pull. I've logged all 3.

I have no dyno pulls back to back. But I did measure the 2 since I had a 63.5mm then upgraded to a 65mm cj and there is a very small difference between the 2. But on the dyno and butt O meter I could not feel a difference. Which is why i can not under stand a gain that can be felt from a cj 65mm to vmp 67mm tb. If I am wrong I am sorry but without being in or driving a gt500 with a 65mm cj to a vmp 67mm I can't say you could see of feel a gain in hp/tq on the same setup car

VNMOUS1

Established Member
I have no dyno pulls back to back. But I did measure the 2 since I had a 63.5mm then upgraded to a 65mm cj and there is a very small difference between the 2. But on the dyno and butt O meter I could not feel a difference. Which is why i can not under stand a gain that can be felt from a cj 65mm to vmp 67mm tb. If I am wrong I am sorry but without being in or driving a gt500 with a 65mm cj to a vmp 67mm I can't say you could see of feel a gain in hp/tq on the same setup car

Unless you have the ability to test under controlled conditions, your results can and will vary, dyno or whatever. That said, if your "butt dyno" can discern a 15-20 hp difference, you need to go on tour. Nobody can feel that.

In the case of the VMP Twin Jet 67mm throttle body, it's not simply bore/blade dimensions that make the difference. Take a close look at the shape of the bore; that's how you make a marked difference with similar numbers.

Bj

Last edited:

10gt5

Established Member
I made 661/698 on justins Dyne awhile back and I'm switching to a 67 and a ported blower and I fixed a exhaust leak and swapped mufflers "Ik that won't really do anything just stating changes" but I'm hoping to be close to 700 hp and over 700tq

Users who are viewing this thread