Votes: 49 48.5%
  • Bama

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Other (Please explain)

Votes: 20 19.8%

• Total voters

zw470

Established Member
As the title suggests, I'm looking for opinions on which email-tune to go with. 2014 auto GT, no mods aside from a Magnaflow Competition axle-back.

redline5.0

Established Member
I always had spot on tunes from Shaun@aed. I tried lund and gave up after a bunch of revisions and still had a studder/bog issue when taking off from a stop and they would only tune cams with limiters on both sides.

Rodinator

Established Member
In my opinion, on a stock car there is really going to be little difference between any of them. Where the differences show up is when the car starts getting serious mods. At my level I chose Bama and so far have been really pleased. They replied to every single email I sent them, sent me updates the tunes are very good. I've had several tuned cars before and have some idea of a good smooth tune and a not so good tune. I only have an off road X on a otherwise stock 2014 Auto. This summer I'll get some #47 injectors and try there e85 tune out I'm moving closer to an e85 station so it'll be way more convenient for me to try it. They may disappoint me but who knows I know there 87 performance and 93 race tunes are very seamless for me car really drives almost stock until you nail the throttle. The transmission shifting is really good. On the 87 it's firm and positive but not harsh at all around town, the 93 bangs 1-2 really good and 2-3 is very firm and positive as well. For me 93 is unless on the street I can't hook at all with my current stock P neros.

Holovacko

Established Member
Like stated earlier, with minimal mods, all of those choices will give you decent tune. If you begin to get serious about making your car faster, the decision will be more important.

clc44

Established Member
I got a Mike Rousch tune. He sent me the tune very quickly. And has been replying to emails within a few hours every time I email him. I'm doing long tubes next month. He sent me a tune for that to get me going for me to datalog it and dial it in. I've heard great things about AED as well.

I had a vmp tune before my Mike Rousch tune, Mike's tune shifts better, and has better mannerisms. Any of those three are good, and I'm sure Lund is great too.

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
Lund all the way I tried BAMA tunes for my last setup and they sucked. PM me if you want to know why. On my Lund tune I never had to datalog the tunes were always spot on. I have the Boss Intake manifold and I didn't even loose ANY low end torque. Blazer707 has such fast response time so if you order Lund you might want to consider from him. I got my tune 2 days later after ordering and the response time from Lund was also very quick (same day or the next).

TallyGT

Established Member
Lund is sweet, the new flex fuel tune is awesome too. Totally worth the money IMO. What other tuners have a tune that adjusts between pump 93 to E85 without switching between different octane tunes? Lund IMO is the most intuitive tuner in the mustang community. They get a A+ from me.

Rodinator

Established Member
Lund is sweet, the new flex fuel tune is awesome too. Totally worth the money IMO. What other tuners have a tune that adjusts between pump 93 to E85 without switching between different octane tunes? Lund IMO is the most intuitive tuner in the mustang community. They get a A+ from me.

So with a Lund flex fuel tune you can safely run e85 or 93 or any mixture of either fuel and not change the tune??? What modifications are required to the car besides the standard #47 injectors. This sounds almost too good to be true.

Rodinator

Established Member
Holy cow how did I miss that. That's sounds absolutely perfect for the weekend warrior like me. I'll have to further research that I'm curious how he's able to offer this and no one else is. Does a flex fuel tune take advantage of timing advance?? Meaning if I run a dedicated e85 tune would it out perform a flex fuel tune running e85? Not blended fuel..

Last edited:

heart_attack

Established Member
AED. All said and done about 4 hours to do mine. Data logged the car stock to make sure there were no issues. Installed the ORH (1.5 hours for me) just a couple of logs. Great customer service imo.

I'm also curious about the flex fuel tune but not completely sold yet. I'll wait for someone else to test it first

kona 199

reese 1
Established Member
AED. All said and done about 4 hours to do mine. Data logged the car stock to make sure there were no issues. Installed the ORH (1.5 hours for me) just a couple of logs. Great customer service imo.

I'm also curious about the flex fuel tune but not completely sold yet. I'll wait for someone else to test it first

can i do a datalog with a SCT x3 and no laptop?

KushBandit

Established Member
can i do a datalog with a SCT x3 and no laptop?

Yes. Setup the device for the specific PIDs that your tuner requests, load that to your X3 and record your datalogs. Unfortunately, it can only save one datalog file at a time, so you'll need to upload your files seperatly for multiple datalogs.

5lho

Established Member
vmp auto tune here, same car as you, same no mods. Tune kicks ass. On the 91 tune right now and Track apps says it's doing 92 mph at the 8th....if that's to be believed, that's 115 mph 1/4. Driveability is great, haven't had to make any changes.

Users who are viewing this thread