Volunteers = less $ for tickets?

Sith

Banned
Okay so some lady in front of my worked parked in a fire lane. A Volunteer Sherrif pulls up and writes her a $40 ticket for parking in a fire lane. However, other people who have parked in the same spot have gotten $250 tickets before. The only thing I can think of was it was different because this one was a volunteer sherriff? Anybody knows how that works?

P.S. The woman had her kid locked up in the van with the car turned off as well. She shoulda been arrested if you ask me.

Lawman85

Banned
Man, Sith sure have a thing against this Sheriff's Department.... no pictures this time?

If that fire lane falls in the city's jurisdiction too then it can be enforced by two courts, the county/state court and the municiple court. They may have two different fines for that violation. Usually the municiple court fines are higher than the county/state court fines. If all of the citations were written by the S.O. then I have no answer, you would have to call that specific court to find out. The fact he is voluntary does not change what the mandated fines are.

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
Sith said:
Okay so some lady in front of my worked parked in a fire lane. A Volunteer Sherrif pulls up and writes her a $40 ticket for parking in a fire lane. However, other people who have parked in the same spot have gotten $250 tickets before. The only thing I can think of was it was different because this one was a volunteer sherriff? Anybody knows how that works?

P.S. The woman had her kid locked up in the van with the car turned off as well. She shoulda been arrested if you ask me.

Yes, I have seen this particular situation in many different jurisdictions over the years. You are correct, volunteer officers/deputies enforce a different set of rules, we usually refer to them as the "vollie statutes".

It is always in your best interest to receive citations from "vollies" since the fines will be much lighter. if you find yourself in an arrest situation, always antagonize the "vollie" officer, that way he will be the one who slaps on the cuffs - and his are plastic so they won't be as uncomfortable as the ones carried by his full-time, paid conterpart. Also, they don't get to take people to the actual jail, they take you to their mom's house for milk, cookies and stern lecture.

Very observant of you to pick up on this often overlooked difference between full-time employees and the volunteer ones. :beer: :pop:

Sith

Banned
I love the smartass comments, why doesn't someone simply answer the question? Explain to me why person A got a $250 ticket for the same EXACT offense in the same EXACT location person B did, who only got a $40 ticket.

Last edited:

Sith

Banned
Lawman85 said:
Man, Sith sure have a thing against this Sheriff's Department.... no pictures this time?

Editted by Moderator for CONTENT!! Stop your Crap!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Sith said:
I love the smartass comments, why doesn't someone simply answer the question? Explain to me why person A got a $250 ticket for the same EXACT offense in the same EXACT location person B did, who only got a $40 ticket.

If you would read the answers provided, you would see you got an explanation of the situation to the best of anyone's ability without actually being there. Like stated above, if the area is patrolled by a local police dept and a county sheriff's office, they have two different courts of competent jurisdiction issuing two different fines for the same violation. Simple as that.

Next off, if you violate the rules/guidelines for this forum one more time you are banned. I am tired of your attitude. This is an example of not following THIS forums guidelines and I quote you I love the smartass comments

Additionally I am tired of you trying to bait the officer's here for your own amusement. Your passive-aggressive behavior is wearing on my nerves as well. If you make any more derogatory, inflammatory or flippant comments in THIS forum, you will consider them your last!

Spoyldrotn

SVT Poster
Established Member
Possibly a county or city ordinance violation was written for the same offense. They are usually much cheaper than state statutes. Also, if written by a fire official they are usually in the $200 to $500 range. Need more info on who wrote the two tickets and if they were the same department.

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
My comments were geared to match the level of the question. The real question is how do you know the actual fines assessed to each violator? Did they run over and ask you to read their citations or did you run over and ask since you are a concerned advocate of drivers rights?

FordSVTFan

Established Member
mswaim said:
My comments were geared to match the level of the question. The real question is how do you know the actual fines assessed to each violator? Did they run over and ask you to read their citations or did you run over and ask since you are a concerned advocate of drivers rights?

He might have a hard time answering! Look at the banner under his name :idea:

FordSVTFan

Established Member
LIGHTNING LARRY said:
He is now permanently banned. He tried to come back under a different name and I banned him also. Some people's kids! :poke:

L.L. he was just a bad seed :mj:

FranticFocus05

Established Member
mswaim said:
Yes, I have seen this particular situation in many different jurisdictions over the years. You are correct, volunteer officers/deputies enforce a different set of rules, we usually refer to them as the "vollie statutes".

It is always in your best interest to receive citations from "vollies" since the fines will be much lighter. if you find yourself in an arrest situation, always antagonize the "vollie" officer, that way he will be the one who slaps on the cuffs - and his are plastic so they won't be as uncomfortable as the ones carried by his full-time, paid conterpart. Also, they don't get to take people to the actual jail, they take you to their mom's house for milk, cookies and stern lecture.

Very observant of you to pick up on this often overlooked difference between full-time employees and the volunteer ones. :beer: :pop:

HAHA love it, got a good laugh out of that answer
:lol: :lol: :lol: :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread