VooDoo Blows up

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJstang

Established Member
Wow! Best of luck and hopefully they get you squared away and back on the road soon!

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
Sorry about the trouble you are having but Ford will fix u right up as I know this first hand......hang in there you will be tearing it up in no time as if never happene.......Steve

Also you have done no wrong car just had a defect don't sweat it

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Ford will probably want to download the ecu and review how the car was being driven also. Your issue to happen at such low mileage might be an assembly issue.

84venom

Established Member
I drove it hard from the time i left the dealer but you know you have to get used to that much RPM and i was short shifting all the time. maybe 7500 max. i set the holographic tach to 8000RPM and never seen red come up on the heads up display. The lead tech said a rod or piston broke. sounds like somebody beating on the valve cover with 2 pound sledge. The dealer sent a video of it running. they said to not touch it and they sent out a new motor immediately. it should be back together this week. i have video of it on my phone. I haven't abused the car.

You clearly never read the owners supplement regarding break-in.....:bash:

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
^^. Yeah, thought there might be manditory break in procedure. Or Ford maybe would limit the rpms for first 500-750 miles through ecu. Op's first and last sentence cracks me up. I'm sure Ford is looking at forums from above. ;)

Last edited:

Flying Harley

Established Member
^^. Yeah, thought there might be manditory break in procedure. Or Ford maybe would limit the rpms for first 500-750 miles through ecu. Op's first and last sentence cracks me up. I'm sure Ford is looking at forums from above. ;)
That was brought up. I told them that nobody went over any type of break procedure and they should make you sign a form or disclaimer that you were notified. I also said the trackline switch should be disabled or have sticker on it saying don't use until 1k miles. I never did a burnout or ran it WOT ! I actually love the car and Im sick about what happened ! Im not going trash a car that I've wanted that bad.

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
You dun goofed. But to be fair the owners manual on break in is vague. Just says no towing and something else I think along the lines of no high rpm. I don't know what high rpms would be in a high rpm motor lol.

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
I drove it hard from the time i left the dealer but you know you have to get used to that much RPM and i was short shifting all the time. maybe 7500 max. i set the holographic tach to 8000RPM and never seen red come up on the heads up display. The lead tech said a rod or piston broke. sounds like somebody beating on the valve cover with 2 pound sledge. The dealer sent a video of it running. they said to not touch it and they sent out a new motor immediately. it should be back together this week. i have video of it on my phone. I haven't abused the car.

Kind of contradicting yourself here.

Flying Harley

Established Member
Kind of contradicting yourself here.

Just being honest. Do you own one ? It's extremely hard to not rev this motor ! If you blip the throttle in the garage it hits 4000RPM. The car just wants to take off. Sorry I didn't bullshit everyone and say they are a ticking time bomb and burnout mode at a flip of a switch !! I was giving my kids a ride.

cloud9

Established Member
You dun goofed. But to be fair the owners manual on break in is vague. Just says no towing and something else I think along the lines of no high rpm. I don't know what high rpms would be in a high rpm motor lol.
Dealing with factual information would be more helpful. Here's what my owner's supplement says regarding break-in. There's nothing in what the OP said that contradicts these guidelines. There was clearly a defective part that led to the catastrophic failure at such low mileage.

BREAKING-IN Your vehicle requires a break-in period. Drive your new vehicle at least 100 mi (160 km) before performing extended wide open throttle maneuvers and at least 1,000 mi (1,600 km) before performance or competition conditions.

Note: Vary your speed frequently in order to give the moving parts a chance to break in.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
There was clearly a defective part that led to the catastrophic failure at such low mileage.

Based on the available information at this point that sounds entirely plausible but I wouldn't rule out an assembly error either.

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
BREAKING-IN Your vehicle requires a break-in period. Drive your new vehicle at least 100 mi (160 km) before performing extended wide open throttle maneuvers and at least 1,000 mi (1,600 km) before performance or competition conditions.

Note: Vary your speed frequently in order to give the moving parts a chance to break in.

I am no lawyer here but short of a money shift or aftermarket mods, Ford has no leg to stand on to deny warranty repairs......Steve

Last edited:

krt22

Established Member
I am no lawyer here but short of a money shift or aftermarket mods, Ford has no leg to stand on to deny warranty repairs......Steve
It would be a huge marketing/PR mistake to deny a warranty repair as well. High performance track machine that has engine failures due to street use? :nono:

Unless the OP has a mis-shift he isnt telling us about (which I have no reason to believe would be the case), sounds like a workmanship issue. No way should a street driven car experience engine failure, ever, 5 miles or 50,000 miles, doesnt matter.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
So far Ford has addressed mechanically related issues with the GT350 in short order or nipped them in the bud, if you will. They should be credited for it as much as it'd be nice if they didn't arise in the first place.

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
So far Ford has addressed mechanically related issues with the GT350 in short order or nipped them in the bud, if you will. They should be credited for it as much as it'd be nice if they didn't arise in the first place.

In my case, Ford got on my issue right away and expedited every step of the repair and parts procurement. My regional rep called me and gave me updates and support on a regular basis. Ford could not have handled it better and my dealer was fantastic in making the repair.

Ford Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8gtoklr

Established Member
Why would you pay msrp or whatever plus a mark up and not be able to drive the car like its intended to be driven, makes no sense . Ford should have this car hot to trot from the get go. I see so many of these posts about break in crap. There are so many people who are car dumb and don't know what break in is over all. Across all manufacturers cars need to be finished and ready for what ever, your paying for it!

Hope your car gets fixed OP. Ask Ford to break in engine prior to install!

Last edited:

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
The only reason I might go easy on a brand new car is to see if it develops any weird noises before hitting it harder. Mainly so if it breaks, the damage might be limited. I doubt the break-in procedures are to eliminate catastrophic failures, more so to avoid longer term problems like ring seating, oil burning, etc.

CSCOBRA03

Established Member
I'm sure Ford will take great care of your problem, this is a halo car and they want good things said about it.

Things just brake sometimes , I wouldn't read to much into this as they are great engines and Ford did their homework.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread