VOPC recording FINALLY changed!!!

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
After 3 weeks of the same recording, your vehicle is scheduled to be built the week of 9/9, I am greated this morning to:

Your vehicle is locked in to be built week of 9/9 with an estimated delivery to dealer 9/23.

This will be the longest 3 weeks of my life I am guessing. Not bad though, when I ordered on 8/8, the dealer told me to expect a late October delivery date. A month and a half is much better!

BrianR

Mild Mannered
Established Member
Originally posted by DD2000GT
After 3 weeks of the same recording, your vehicle is scheduled to be built the week of 9/9, I am greated this morning to:

Your vehicle is locked in to be built week of 9/9 with an estimated delivery to dealer 9/23.

This will be the longest 3 weeks of my life I am guessing. Not bad though, when I ordered on 8/8, the dealer told me to expect a late October delivery date. A month and a half is much better!

Alright! Me Too! We're on the same schedule. :beer:

stamper01L

Established Member
mine was changed to locked in week of 09/02 to be delivered 09/09. Now it says scheduled 09/02 delivered 09/09. why did i go from "locked in" to "scheduled" ???

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member

I got the same message this morning.

SB 03

Established Member
looks like things are picking up, I wasn't planning on getting mine to the winter, and not being able to drive it to next spring, but who knows. Congrats guys:beer:

03DOHC

Established Member
Does anyone know what the message says after the locked in for production message? Mine was supposed to be built this week and it still says locked in for production.

dianes03pony

Established Member
Lucky you! Mine STILL says my order is on hold pending resolution of parts shortages. Congrats on getting you delivery date though!

03DOHC

Established Member
I had an OASIS run on my VIN. My official build date is 08/29/2002! Yeah BABY! Now to wait more.:(

wuplash

Established Member
Originally posted by dianes03pony
Lucky you! Mine STILL says my order is on hold pending resolution of parts shortages. Congrats on getting you delivery date though!

you might want to change your order from the chrome wheels to polished if ford has not done it for you already.as i told my salesman monday to change mine and at first the computer would not let them change it then they found out that ford had already changed it and ford is doing this to all the 03 cobras on order with chrome wheels as they have no idea when they will have them.but when ford does get the chromies in can get them at cost.i plan on just getting the chrome 03 wheels that performancewheeloutlet.com offers and pop there center cap out and use the svt one.you can go to stangnet.com and look for post called 03 cobra with chrome wheels and see them on a sonic blue coupe.

Dem03SonicSnake

Established Member
where do u guys go for these messages? and obviously you probably need a vin number, how soon after you guys ordered did u recieve a vin number?

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by Dem03SonicSnake
where do u guys go for these messages? and obviously you probably need a vin number, how soon after you guys ordered did u recieve a vin number?
VOPC-Vehicle Order Processing Center. 1-800-962-3746. Need your Dealer Code, which should be on your order;e.g.12345(w/out the letter), and your VIN, which your dealer can give you. Call the number and follow the prompts.

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by Dem03SonicSnake
well i just recently ordered it , do they get the vin right away???
I don't know that. Give your dealer a call.

Elliotness

Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
I don't know that. Give your dealer a call.

You can also access the VOPC system with your order number and dealer code...

Elliotness

Established Member

I am pissed. I ordered my car on 7/29 and I still don't have a frickin status in VOPC... :cuss: No build info, no locked info, no nothing. I just called the dealership for the umpteenth time to ask them what the status was for my vehicle. Salesman said he would call me back after he finished talking to individual responsible for ordering the cars... This wait is worse than going to the dentist.........:(

Sorry for the rant.. I'm just dissapointed that things are going soooooooooo sloooooooowly.

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
Man that would suck. I would definately get back with the dealer on the delay.

For those who don't know - tell your dealer to print a copy of the DORA (Dealer Order Reciept Acknowledgement) for you (they will probably cover up the pricing info so you don't see what they are paying for the car). You then can call the VOPC at 800-962-3746 and use the automated response section by entering the Dealer code on the DORA (minus the letter in the code), your order number (last 4 digits), and your body style (P48 for 03 Cobra Coupes). It will then give you the status of your vehicle build. Do not talk to a rep, they will not be happy when they discover you are not a dealer - just use the automated section.

Elliotness

Established Member
Update,

Called the dealer yesterday. Was in the process of complaining when my salesman says..... Wait a minute, I have something for you..

Here is your VIN#... Your vehicle is scheduled for delivery on 9/30.. SWWWWEEEEEEEEtttttttt.......

Users who are viewing this thread