vortech 2v fuel question

03whipedsnake

Established Member
Well my buddy has a 99' GT that was pieced together and he needs some help. The car has some issues and he is getting it all straightened out. first off its a v-1 vortech with the 8-10psi pulley with a stock fuel pump and no BAP and it has some "precision turbo" injectors but we don't know what size. Im figuring 42lb but idk and he is about to get a tune but needs some advice on what pump to get and the cheapest outta the best that will perform for this combo. thanks guys

Last edited:

Wildcard

Established Member
Well obviously the fuel pump is a major issue if he's running the stock pump. There's no real cheap option. If he drops in a 03 cobra pump in his tank he'll have problems running 1/4 of a tank. Switching to the entire 03 cobra kit is now an expensive proposition. Probably the cheapest is calling vortech and ordering their 255lph drop in pump.

01SaleenS281

01-459
Established Member
The 03/04 dual cobra pumps with the mustang GT hat performed the best for my setup when combined with 42lb FRPP injectors.

redfire04gt

Blown 2v
Established Member
I'm running an aviator pump making 404hp/tq (p1sc/3core/7lbs) without a bap. I would think 8-10 psi with a non intercooled v1 an svt focus pump would be enough. Although, the aviator pump would probably give a bit more room to grow without buying a bap.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Yup, either SVT Focus pump or Aviator, should only cost around $100 and is a direct replacement of the stock pump. Took me an hour or so to swap it out by myself. I was making around 380whp with a V1 on my '03 GT with the focus pump, 42# injectors and a Lightning 90mm MAF. This is a pretty standard setup for the S-trim vortechs.

Users who are viewing this thread