Vortech problem***

01YellowCobra23

SNAKE CHARMED
Established Member
quoted from another member's post..."Btw, the sometimes the cars sputters when i try to accelerate, and when i stop at red lights, the rpms would dip to like 100rmps the climb up to normal and at times it dips and car stalls. Other than that the car runs extremely strong"

my car is having that exact problem...car sometimes dies when coming to a stop also. Its wierd..when i accelerate and let off the gas it kinda bucks and kinda feels like something is clogged. it literally feels like my exhaust is clogged..like its not letting everything out. Car was throwing p0300 code but i switched to some new ngk tr6's and it stopped.

What could be causing this?

THAITED

Established Member
I don't know what to tell you except for plugs fouled or bad tuning. My car still have the flat spot from idling to hard acceleration (idle-2k it sputter then it will take off).

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Its the tune. I have a very similar problem with mine and I know its becuase of the tune. Need to go back and get it redone. Running super rich with 2 degrees timing.

WHATLS1

Banned
Sounds like it needs more fuel somewhere if it is trying to die. Becareful buddy don't rev on it to much when it is trying to die you will foul the plugs. What kid of Vortec are you on?

02SVTV6

Established Member
It's not " all in the tune " all vortechs have this issue...the main thing is trying to get a good tune and going from a suck through MAF to a blow through instead make a big difference...but taking in account for weather changes that plays an affect as well...my car had idle issues then went to a blow through that pretty muched solved it using Delta Force Tuning to tune it again after that...here and there it may die at a light after being in it pretty good but aside from there maybe a little tap on the gas at the light and was fine...main issue I saw was suck through MAF setup on the vortech was just complete trash...

tistan

Established Member
It's not " all in the tune " all vortechs have this issue...the main thing is trying to get a good tune and going from a suck through MAF to a blow through instead make a big difference...but taking in account for weather changes that plays an affect as well...my car had idle issues then went to a blow through that pretty muched solved it using Delta Force Tuning to tune it again after that...here and there it may die at a light after being in it pretty good but aside from there maybe a little tap on the gas at the light and was fine...main issue I saw was suck through MAF setup on the vortech was just complete trash...

I guess since my vortech does not have this problem, you can't say all vortechs do. I would have the tune checked out, and I would also buy a new bypass valve to make sure that isn't the problem.

01YellowCobra23

SNAKE CHARMED
Established Member
it shouldnt be the byass....the blower has less than 1000 miles on it since install...i wanna say its the tune cuz its smells real rich but im not sure...ill havta get it checked out by my tuner

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
its not just vortechs i had this problem with my p1sc then installed a ysi and still have the problem...i also have a turbonetics godzilla bov so after i take my car to another shop who treats my car better and takes the time to actually do what i payed them to do (driveability and dyno tune) the car ill report back!

THAITED

Established Member
Tuning has a lot to do with it. IMHO, I think a blow through is better than draw through you can get a better drive ability.

01YellowCobra23

SNAKE CHARMED
Established Member
any more info on the blow thru? what does it involve? such as parts? any pics...im really looking for driveability since my car is a daily driver

WHATLS1

Banned
Take it to MV Performance GA haha Bart Tobener is a Vortech wizard or just call them and ask about it.

35THCONVERTIBLE

Established Member
listen man i had the same problem and yeah it could be in the tune and could be alot of other things but mine did the same thing and it was getting backwash into the mass air all i did was angle the bypass inlet to the powerpipe toward the blower and problem solved here is a pic not a very good one but the only one i have look at the power pipe and int inlet angled

Users who are viewing this thread