Vortech question

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
So with my maf since it doesnt have a flange I can mount my filter onto the maf then connect those 2 too the inlet pipe? And both of those will be in the fender well?
Yea thats what I'm thinking. Just buy a reducing coupler if there is a size difference.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

DaveWertz

Established Member
Yea thats what I'm thinking. Just buy a reducing coupler if there is a size difference.

I found a anderson power pipe with the 90 for $90. So that is 4". So all I need is 2 more 4" couplers to make this work. Or at least in my head its working o_O. But with a anderson power pipe coming off the blower inlet I will have the maf then air filter. Should work right? Then I don't need to buy a maf with a flange.... I hope!

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
That's the way I see it. In the pic above I have my filter bolted straight to the pipe. Just couple the maf between the filter and the painted tube you already have. It may run down in the fender opening some but that's ok.

DaveWertz

Established Member
That's the way I see it. In the pic above I have my filter bolted straight to the pipe. Just couple the maf between the filter and the painted tube you already have. It may run down in the fender opening some but that's ok.
Here is a pic. I think this may work. If this does work then all I need is a new oil feed line and I should have everything I need.

Attachments

• 20190517_153412.jpg
    20190517_153412.jpg
    364.4 KB · Views: 73

Stanger00

Established Member
I don’t know if there is enough room to setup the way you think. Also this could cause a bend that will effect air flow and MAF signal.

If you can find a used Modular Powerhouse powerpipe that will work best. No interference with hood and the pipe is 4”.

Price out couplers. They get pricey. I believe the blower inlet is 2-3/4” OD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1996MysticSnake

Established Member
Is there a reason your running draw through instead of blow through?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

DaveWertz

Established Member
Is there a reason your running draw through instead of blow through?
No reason really. I got the maf not even thinking that it didnt have a flange because I got to excited. And seems allot run draw through. If I run blow through I have to either get a different maf or modify my pipes to make what I have for which I dont think I wanna do.
Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
You might want to consider placing the MAF inside the fender well with sections of straight tubing before and after the MAF. Having the filter mounted directly to the MAF may not provide the best/consistent signal. Having a section of tubing before and after the MAF will help straighten/smooth out the air flow. You'll also want to use the largest filter that will fit in the space to help maximize airflow by reducing any possible restrictions.

Users who are viewing this thread