Vortech question

96GT226410

Established Member
Vortech V1 Supercharger 96-98 Cobra

I found this and maybe wanting to buy. My question is will this be a good kit to make around 450whp? In past post I have stated i do have a forged motor. Looking for a Kenne Bell 2.1 but this came up in my price range. Thoughts?
I wouldn't get a KB on a B head engine. If you can swing that kit go for it. You can upgrade the head unit later and you can always add an aftercooler whenever.

Sent from my SM-N960U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

DaveWertz

Established Member
I wouldn't get a KB on a B head engine. If you can swing that kit go for it. You can upgrade the head unit later and you can always add an aftercooler whenever.

Sent from my SM-N960U using the svtperformance.com mobile app
What about the price? He is willing to ship on my dime so I gotta factor that in. Just hoping the V1 gives me the 450ish I am looking for.. Install on these look simple. as well

blownstang4.6

Established Member
Does it come with injectors, fuel pump, maf? You can get a complete used intercooled kit for around $2500. FYI, the kit is not $5k new as he states. It's a non-intercooled kit which if bought as a complete kit can be had new for under $4k. Vortech makes great blowers. The V1 S will get you to 600rwhp if you want it to. You should look into adding an intercooler or meth injection to keep it cool. I've had the same Vortech V1 S on my 03 5spd GT (411whp) and now on my 04 auto Mach (460rwhp on 93 and 508rwhp on E85 through the stock motor) . Can't complain one bit.

DaveWertz

Established Member
Does it come with injectors, fuel pump, maf? You can get a complete used intercooled kit for around $2500. FYI, the kit is not $5k new as he states. It's a non-intercooled kit which if bought as a complete kit can be had new for under $4k. Vortech makes great blowers. The V1 S will get you to 600rwhp if you want it to. You should look into adding an intercooler or meth injection to keep it cool. I've had the same Vortech V1 S on my 03 5spd GT (411whp) and now on my 04 auto Mach (460rwhp on 93 and 508rwhp on E85 through the stock motor) . Can't complain one bit.
I'd like to find a intercooler kit but there are none out there atm. I was thinking about offering 2k. I'm not sure if it comes with injectors ect... as long as there is room for improvement on this blower it may work. My goal for now is 450+ to the wheels. It's a weekend driver, not a track car so I want it to kee good manners

DaveWertz

Established Member
Forgot to say I do have areomotive 340 pump already on my car, it does come with 03 cobra maf but no injectors. I cant imagine injectors would be much.?

blownstang4.6

Established Member
Forgot to say I do have areomotive 340 pump already on my car, it does come with 03 cobra maf but no injectors. I cant imagine injectors would be much.?

That maf is going to peg around 500rwhp. You can add a mafia to it to extend the range or get a better maf. You can get used 03/04 cobra injectors for around $125 or used 42 or 60lb injectors. New you're looking at $300. I wouldnt offer him more than $2k shipped. You're essentially buying a tuner kit because there are no injectors or fuel pump and a so so maf. Brand new a tuner kit goes for around $2900 and that's the better Si trim as the S is discontinued.

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
You can see my setup in my sig. I could've made 475 easily but we went conservative on the stock bottom end. With that being said, I've been running my setup for over 10yrs with no issues. I do feel he is a little steep on the price for a non intercooled kit. I paid less than $2k for mine shipped. Checkout Corral.net for some pretty good deals on used power adders. Here is a example of a intercooled P1SC kit.

https://forums.corral.net/forums/power-adders/2486972-96-98-cobra-p1sc-tuner-kit.html

DaveWertz

Established Member
You can see my setup in my sig. I could've made 475 easily but we went conservative on the stock bottom end. With that being said, I've been running my setup for over 10yrs with no issues. I do feel he is a little steep on the price for a non intercooled kit. I paid less than $2k for mine shipped. Checkout Corral.net for some pretty good deals on used power adders. Here is a example of a intercooled P1SC kit.

https://forums.corral.net/forums/power-adders/2486972-96-98-cobra-p1sc-tuner-kit.html
About 2500 is my limit on this. I will save the additional money for a dyno tune after I get what I need. Maybe I'll wait and see if anything else comes up. But there are slim pickens. Unless I wanna settle for a kb 1.5.....not.

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
About 2500 is my limit on this. I will save the additional money for a dyno tune after I get what I need. Maybe I'll wait and see if anything else comes up. But there are slim pickens. Unless I wanna settle for a kb 1.5.....not.
I understand what you mean. I was using that as a example. I just felt the "tuner" kit was steep. I'd sell my whole intercooled kit for just a little more than that.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DaveWertz

Established Member
I understand what you mean. I was using that as a example. I just felt the "tuner" kit was steep. I'd sell my whole intercooled kit for just a little more than that.

So sell it to me then lol. No but if your serious I'll message my number and we can talk. Looking to do this before ford nats in Carlisle at end of may

DaveWertz

Established Member

96mystic#899

Established Member
Sounds about right. I bought a V1 over 2 yrs without injectors, maf, or fuel pump and paid 2200. Made a conservative 407whp and the lightning maf is pegged. Car runs great with zero issues for the past 2 yrs With AC.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

DaveWertz

Established Member
Sounds about right. I bought a V1 over 2 yrs without injectors, maf, or fuel pump and paid 2200. Made a conservative 407whp and the lightning maf is pegged. Car runs great with zero issues for the past 2 yrs With AC.

How much boost? I assume you were happy with the unit? I got the guy down to 1800, comes with 2 pullies and belts and gauges. Hoping with injectors, bigger puller and lightning maf I can can 450 to the ground.

96mystic#899

Established Member
How much boost? I assume you were happy with the unit? I got the guy down to 1800, comes with 2 pullies and belts and gauges. Hoping with injectors, bigger puller and lightning maf I can can 450 to the ground.
6lbs with 3.60 pulley. I have a 3.25 but im waiting to get my new larger maf. Yes. I was super happy with it. It's a night/day difference. I also want to be in the 450-470whp range with the new parts and new tune.

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
So sell it to me then lol. No but if your serious I'll message my number and we can talk. Looking to do this before ford nats in Carlisle at end of may
I would if I could. Work is at it's peak and the kids keep me busy when I do get time off. I just don't have time at the moment. But talking him down to $1800 sounds way more fair to me. Your definitely headed in the right direction.

Users who are viewing this thread