Vortech question

DaveWertz

Established Member
That's the nonintercooled version. I wouldn't put that on your car. A non intercooled centri like a Vortech will run cooler than a noncooled KB. With a KB you want the cooled version, but I'm not sure they make a cooled version for 96-98.
I dont think they do. I'm definitely looking for a centri now. It's just trying to find one is the issue.... used anyhow

DaveWertz

Established Member
You guys are well
Look into the old $1,500 supercharge build.

Sent from my SM-N960U using the svtperformance.com mobile app
To pc one of these together I obviously know of most parts I need. And at this point it seems to be a better option. I see had units all over and assume head units don't matter what motor they are placed on, its everything else? So here is a list I think I may need.

4v bracket from vortech
IC kit. Not sure where to look for these on the cheap
MAF
at least 42lb injectors
Pulley belts.

What else am i missing? Maybe I am ahead of myself but this seems very possible and maybe less wait... It has my attention.

96GT226410

Established Member
You guys are well

To pc one of these together I obviously know of most parts I need. And at this point it seems to be a better option. I see had units all over and assume head units don't matter what motor they are placed on, its everything else? So here is a list I think I may need.

4v bracket from vortech
IC kit. Not sure where to look for these on the cheap
MAF
at least 42lb injectors
Pulley belts.

What else am i missing? Maybe I am ahead of myself but this seems very possible and maybe less wait... It has my attention.
Get a counter clockwise blower. The other stuff other people can hell you out because I've never added a supercharger to any of my cars.

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
Years ago a Cx Racing intercooler kit could be found on ebay for a 96-04 Mustang. It came with a assortment of 2" aluminum pipe, bar and plate intercooler and silicone couplings. It pretty much fit perfect, I had to make very little modifications to the kit. I tossed the BOV that came with it. It sounded like a bird chirp everytime I shifted gears. I use a Vortech Mondo bov. The kit is efficient. My iat's usually run 10-20 degrees above ambient.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
Also, I had to order the oil feed/return lines and the idler that is on the 4v mounting bracket. I was able to find all that at superchargersonline.com

DaveWertz

Established Member
Also, I had to order the oil feed/return lines and the idler that is on the 4v mounting bracket. I was able to find all that at superchargersonline.com

I'm going to price all the pcs and see if it's worth the time and effort. Looking for injectors now. I can use 03 cobra remans? Arent they only 39lb injectors? That should be enough if I want to push more boost later. Been looking into a tuner as well in PA. I called Lund but hey don't do this yr car. Kind of a bummer.

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
The 03 Cobra injectors will work but you gotta use the Ev1 to Ev6 plug adapters. Best to find some 42lbs and use them. The gen2 Lightnings use 42lbs. They can be found pretty cheap. I think I seen a maf and 42lbs in they for sale section a few days ago.

DaveWertz

Established Member
The 03 Cobra injectors will work but you gotta use the Ev1 to Ev6 plug adapters. Best to find some 42lbs and use them. The gen2 Lightnings use 42lbs. They can be found pretty cheap. I think I seen a maf and 42lbs in they for sale section a few days ago.

I'll go check out the for sale section quick. The fewer parts I have to buy the better.

96GT226410

Established Member
I'm going to price all the pcs and see if it's worth the time and effort. Looking for injectors now. I can use 03 cobra remans? Arent they only 39lb injectors? That should be enough if I want to push more boost later. Been looking into a tuner as well in PA. I called Lund but hey don't do this yr car. Kind of a bummer.
Lund doesn't tune our cars anymore?!

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
Here is a few randoms of my setup. Just to give u a idea. Not the best pics but all I have on this phone.
dbb5628fff213fcd8800b041c64b37bd.jpg
95676815037ead66485b85f2321ad554.jpg
94667724dd4c9fea93014af9e56b3507.jpg

DaveWertz

Established Member
I think I am pulling the trigger on the V1- Comes with a 03 cobra MAF. I already have a areo 340lph fuel pump. Without buying adaptors what make model vehicles have FI that can be swapped? At least 39lbs. I searched on ebay and found a pile of 39lb and 42lb but very hesitant. Remember I am looking for 450-500 at the wheels. I seen post of people saying you need 03 injectors to marry up with that MAF, which don't make sense to me??

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
I think I am pulling the trigger on the V1- Comes with a 03 cobra MAF. I already have a areo 340lph fuel pump. Without buying adaptors what make model vehicles have FI that can be swapped? At least 39lbs. I searched on ebay and found a pile of 39lb and 42lb but very hesitant. Remember I am looking for 450-500 at the wheels. I seen post of people saying you need 03 injectors to marry up with that MAF, which don't make sense to me??
You would be correct. The Terminators and Lightnings ran two different type injectors (ev1/ev6) and the lbs are different. But the 90mm maf is the same. You will need a mafia to extend the range. The centri creates more velocity blowing through the maf as opposed to pulling it in like a blower does. Make sense?

DaveWertz

Established Member
You would be correct. The Terminators and Lightnings ran two different type injectors (ev1/ev6) and the lbs are different. But the 90mm maf is the same. You will need a mafia to extend the range. The centri creates more velocity blowing through the maf as opposed to pulling it in like a blower does. Make sense?

Mafia? That's new to me. I priced adaptors, $25 range which is cheap. Or something like bosch if I can't find 03-04 cobras. Can't be as simple as pulling the olds out and putting the new in ....... And I thought I had this figured out smh.

blownstang4.6

Established Member
Mafia? That's new to me. I priced adaptors, $25 range which is cheap. Or something like bosch if I can't find 03-04 cobras. Can't be as simple as pulling the olds out and putting the new in ....... And I thought I had this figured out smh.

Diablo mafia maf extender. You can run it as is, but if the maf pegs you'll need the mafia or a larger maf. The adapters just clip in between the electric connection on the injector and rail. Extra 8 seconds of work.

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
I pegged my maf at 4500rpms. So we added a Mafia. Never had a issue with it. Wife's 03 Cobra has one on it too. You'll probably need it if your goal is 450rwhp. Those can be found sometimes in the Terminator Parts section. Don't get discouraged. It's worth it in the end.

DaveWertz

Established Member
Diablo mafia maf extender. You can run it as is, but if the maf pegs you'll need the mafia or a larger maf. The adapters just clip in between the electric connection on the injector and rail. Extra 8 seconds of work.
Makes sense now. Actually looking for a gen 2 lightning maf and 42lbs. If that falls through I did find deka 60 and 80lbs. The 90mm maf should be good for 450 to 500whp mark. I feel 39lbs might be pegged at that level.

Users who are viewing this thread