vortech

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
What year is your car? I just ordered the Paxton kit which is pretty much the same except for the headunit (the Paxton 2200SL pushes more air than the Vortech). Send Beefcake a PM asking him for pricing. I was extremely surprised.

dynasty_365

Established Member
You're in new Orleans? There r like two vortech stangs there and I know like 3 in Baton Rouge. U Oughta check them out. Car meet Saturday night at ranger outlet in Gonzales u Oughta come through.

92hatchlx

Established Member
Anything beyond stock isn't going to be reliable because you will void the warranty with the exception of very minor modifications.

98ss88mm

Established Member
What year is your car? I just ordered the Paxton kit which is pretty much the same except for the headunit (the Paxton 2200SL pushes more air than the Vortech). Send Beefcake a PM asking him for pricing. I was extremely surprised.

extremely generic statement, you can order a Si-trim, T-Trim, Ysi, etc from vortech, you dont have to get the standard kit. To me they seem to make similar hp and a bigger blower doesnt always mean better when you are only going turn it for 10psi or less. I dont see why you couldnt make 600 on a si trim and have a faster 'spool' time than the paxton kit. I will be on the dyno next friday and will be making a thread if you would like to see (mods in signature)

But yes essentially they are the same kit with different head units. Now one difference to note, the paxton is Self Lubricated (SL) where as vortech has V3 self contained vs v1/v2 oil fed.

ls1stang

Established Member
im working nights for the next few weeks but let me know when the next one is....yea im looking for low 600hp high 500hp in the stang but not in a rush right now just trying to get opinions

98ss88mm

Established Member
this ^^^ . Car runs so much better with just a tune even, warranty is overrated. I always feel like its going to be a MAJOR hassle to have anything covered anyways.

92hatchlx

Established Member
extremely generic statement, you can order a Si-trim, T-Trim, Ysi, etc from vortech, you dont have to get the standard kit. To me they seem to make similar hp and a bigger blower doesnt always mean better when you are only going turn it for 10psi or less. I dont see why you couldnt make 600 on a si trim and have a faster 'spool' time than the paxton kit. I will be on the dyno next friday and will be making a thread if you would like to see (mods in signature)

But yes essentially they are the same kit with different head units. Now one difference to note, the paxton is Self Lubricated (SL) where as vortech has V3 self contained vs v1/v2 oil fed.

Comparing base kits...

Both the 2200SL and the V3 have self contained oiling systems...

We've all been there. Some of us have gotten over it. The further my eyeballs are pressed back, the happier I am!

Just pointing out the obvious, he asked what was reliable

this ^^^ . Car runs so much better with just a tune even, warranty is overrated. I always feel like its going to be a MAJOR hassle to have anything covered anyways.

Agreed

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread