Walmart Gun Safes-Spin or Electronic lock

SVT4ME

Established Member
Are any of the gun safes at Walmart worth the money? Or is going cheap going to bite me on the arse later on. Should I go with a regular spin or electronic combination lock?

txyaloo

Established Member
I wouldn't buy an electronic lock on a cheap safe. Go with regular spin. A Wal-Mart safe will offer little to no fire resistance, but will at least be a little deterrent to thieves. Costco has some decent safes that aren't super expensive.

Last

Established Member
I always go spin locks, but the electronic ones are fine too just keep some spare batteries around the safe. also I would not buy a safe from wal-mart, spend a little more and buy a Liberty

SPEEDRACER88

I didn't pick your car
Established Member
I always go spin locks, but the electronic ones are fine too just keep some spare batteries around the safe. also I would not buy a safe from wal-mart, spend a little more and buy a Liberty

^^ agreed, your going to have to spend at least $1000 to get a safe worth having.

oldmodman

Established Member
Be sure to check it's fireproof rating.
If it has not been tested by Underwriters Laboratories it might not be trustworthy.

Mine is triple wall concrete. I know for a fact that it will survive a house fire. A friend of mine bought the exact same safe after seeing mine. And they lost their house after the huge fires in Malibu a few years ago. When they were able to get back into the area their house was gone, but in the middle of what used to be the garage was the safe. All the materials inside the safe were in perfect condition. Papers, pictures, guns, jewelry, all OK.

Danl

2 wheel nut job
Established Member
Liberty FTW!!! Don't go with key pad, spin combo lock is the only way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread