Want louder exhaust

BrentnNC

Established Member
I started off with gt500 axle backs and thought they sounded good but wanted more. I got a good deal on an american thunder cat back. I was happy at first but still want the car louder. I guess im going to have the mufflers cut off and weld in something else in. I just don't know what to go with. I have heard flowmaster outlaws and muffler deletes and they are to loud. Just wanted to get some opinions from some people. Right now I'm thinking about super 44's. I want a deep rumble not raspy race car sound.

REPCobra10

Established Member
I have Magnaflow 3" O/R X and Competition C/B...Trust me, it's loud! To me, it has a good, deep tone and I like the sound of it. However, it can be raspy at times, but I don't mind it too much.

BrentnNC

Established Member
I have the 3" cat back and it doesn't have any resonators. Would the bbk cat deletes make that much of a sound difference? I want to keep the cats but will get rid them if I have to.

phack

Established Member
After I put my off road H on my Roush axle backs went from loud to wake the dead, full on Nascar loud.

REPCobra10

Established Member
I have the 3" cat back and it doesn't have any resonators. Would the bbk cat deletes make that much of a sound difference? I want to keep the cats but will get rid them if I have to.

Taking the catalytic converters off makes a world of difference when you're talking about loudness, sir...:beer: If loud is what you seek, then take off the catalytic converters...:D

Deranged2013

Established Member
The flowmaster Outlaws are very loud. They sound awesome until you are cruising @2k rpm, then it drones bad. Getting rid of mine and going for Borla S-type.

jayman33

Where in NC are you? We have a pretty good crew going on over in the regional threads on another forum. Ages 18 all the way to 60ish? He's our wise man, just went to VIR last weekend, going to Fastlane on the 17 the toys and tots dyno day.

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
Pype bombs will get you loud and deep...I had them and would get them again, but with cats though.

BrentnNC

Established Member
Well I guess I will order some cat deletes next week. Thanks for the info

Users who are viewing this thread