Want to buy Plastidip for $1.53? (Extremely cheap plastidip)

SON1C

Established Member
[video=youtube;hYXhQp5Ij7M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYXhQp5Ij7M[/video]
Links to download full receipt pictures of many locations and original mark down pictures in the description of the video, this has worked for hundreds of people.
10606124_10203635926271283_7699342252859370304_n.j  pg

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
No offense, but saying "don't go to ACE because they won't give a deal" is pretty rude. Those are individually owned stores and you are knowingly trying to rip them off and then act all upset when they won't honor your bs price.

oldmodman

Established Member
Wow!
That is so cheap I am going to use mine as exploding targets when I go out to the desert to shoot.
Have a little fire going near them and they pinwheel through the sky on fire when you hit them. Just remember to pack the blown cans out with you.
1/100 the price of Tannerite targets.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
So, I just got back from Lowes with two bags full of plasti dip and glossifier. Thank you sonic! I'm not really sure what I will do with it but I have it.

Suggestion, get customer service to approve the match before you go shopping. Then check out at the customer service desk with the same person. In my situation the guy at customer service approved the match and said to tell the cashier he said it was ok. This caused problems because the cashier still needs a manager approval for the transaction. Fortunately the manager was not interested in walking all the way over to the register to let the cashier scan her badge or whatever it was.

I can only imagine how many of these cans will come back with no receipt for gift cards...

Last edited:

mavericks-03svt

Established Member
Wow!
That is so cheap I am going to use mine as exploding targets when I go out to the desert to shoot.
Have a little fire going near them and they pinwheel through the sky on fire when you hit them. Just remember to pack the blown cans out with you.

Dang good idea. I need to get a few more cans and get the AR ready.

SON1C

Established Member
Thanks for posting this. I picked up some cans today for $1.53 each. Nice find.
my pleasure glad I could help thanks for viewing!
No offense, but saying "don't go to ACE because they won't give a deal" is pretty rude. Those are individually owned stores and you are knowingly trying to rip them off and then act all upset when they won't honor your bs price.
I wasn't expecting them to give a deal, and I wouldn't be mad if they simply said no. The reason I was put off by ace is that they mark their items up and then have a zero price match policy. Black plastidip at ace is 8 dollars vs 6 dollars at lowes hd etc. If a company chooses to price match that's their choice, no one was forced lol
Wow!
haha I read your comment on the video, I want to see your results when you do this!
So, I just got back from Lowes with two bags full of plasti dip and glossifier. Thank you sonic! I'm not really sure what I will do with it but I have it.

Suggestion, get customer service to approve the match before you go shopping. Then check out at the customer service desk with the same person. In my situation the guy at customer service approved the match and said to tell the cashier he said it was ok. This caused problems because the cashier still needs a manager approval for the transaction. Fortunately the manager was not interested in walking all the way over to the register to let the cashier scan her badge or whatever it was.

I can only imagine how many of these cans will come back with no receipt for gift cards...
lol glad I could help :D

Hopefully none as that's definitely illegal lol
Just plasti dipped my emblems today. Good stuff
nice! Pics?

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
my pleasure glad I could help thanks for viewing!

I wasn't expecting them to give a deal, and I wouldn't be mad if they simply said no. The reason I was put off by ace is that they mark their items up and then have a zero price match policy. Black plastidip at ace is 8 dollars vs 6 dollars at lowes hd etc. If a company chooses to price match that's their choice, no one was forced lol

haha I read your comment on the video, I want to see your results when you do this!

lol glad I could help :D

Hopefully none as that's definitely illegal lol

nice! Pics?
There is an extreme amount of misinformation. Ace has a price match policy, however it's not one that takes a huge loss on product. The simple fact is you aren't pricing matching anyone, you've artificially created a fake price. One that loses companies a ton of money. I can tell you for a fact that it costs a lot more than 2 bucks to buy plastidip. Pricing in Ace is also up to the people who run the store, there are varying levels of prices. Most of the time, yes Ace will be higher. Much like Walmart is cheaper than most places same goes for the huge box "hardware" stores. What you get out of an Ace is people who know what they are doing/talking about. However, I suppose if you want to get upset about people not losing money on their product then telling them to stay away that's up to you but good luck with Lowe's when you need someone to tell you how to do something. I will leave it at that.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
are you guys just printing the pics of the yellow prices tags or the receipts? Anyone just show them the pic on your phone?

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Why complain when he says don't go to Ace? Who cares what their policy is? They didn't match and he relayed that info. BFD Someone priced plastid at $1.53 for some reason somewhere. I'm sure Lowes won't lose too much of their 50+ billion dollar valuation because they price matched some cans of plasti-dip.

are you guys just printing the pics of the yellow prices tags or the receipts? Anyone just show them the pic on your phone?

I went with the phone shots. The key is to find someone who looks like they don't give a shit.

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
Why complain when he says don't go to Ace? Who cares what their policy is? They didn't match and he relayed that info. BFD Someone priced plastid at $1.53 for some reason somewhere. I'm sure Lowes won't lose too much of their 50+ billion dollar valuation because they price matched some cans of plasti-dip.

I went with the phone shots. The key is to find someone who looks like they don't give a shit.
I am a owner of a family owned third generation ACE Hardware, people who trash talk a small local family owned ACE because they aren't willing to personally lose money on what is basically a plain rip off bothers me. Maybe that's why you won't find someone to price match, because at my store EVERY single employee "gives a shit". They are there to help people with their projects, not get berated and talked down on because they didn't fall for your bold face lie to save yourself 5 bucks. Call me old fashioned but I frankly will spend an extra dollar to support independent local stores with customer service. Enjoy your 20 dollar savings.

mavericks-03svt

Established Member

I went to lowes and showed the guy the photo on my iPhone and asked if he price matches other stores. He said yes and said damn that cheap. next thing you know he changed the price on all the cans of plastidip but said he can't price match the glossifier since it was more than the dip. I said no problem and paid the bill.

mavericks-03svt

Established Member
I am a owner of a family owned third generation ACE Hardware, people who trash talk a small local family owned ACE because they aren't willing to personally lose money on what is basically a plain rip off bothers me. Maybe that's why you won't find someone to price match, because at my store EVERY single employee "gives a shit". They are there to help people with their projects, not get berated and talked down on because they didn't fall for your bold face lie to save yourself 5 bucks. Call me old fashioned but I frankly will spend an extra dollar to support independent local stores with customer service. Enjoy your 20 dollar savings.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I didn't think he was bashing Ace hardware stores he just said they won't price match and not to waste your time with them. I think this is just a loop hole that has been exploited by the power of the inter webs for the benefit of the consumer and at the cost of the store. Is it shady? well maybe or maybe not, but if the store agrees to match the price at a loss to them, why worry it is not your store loosing the money. Both parties walked away happy with the sell & purchase.

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
Don't take this the wrong way, but I didn't think he was bashing Ace hardware stores he just said they won't price match and not to waste your time with them. I think this is just a loop hole that has been exploited by the power of the inter webs for the benefit of the consumer and at the cost of the store. Is it shady? well maybe or maybe not, but if the store agrees to match the price at a loss to them, why worry it is not your store loosing the money. Both parties walked away happy with the sell & purchase.
Oh trust me I'm totally fine with you sticking it to Lowe's, Home Depot and the big boxes lol. It just irked me that he says to stay away from a company simply because they wouldn't knowingly get ripped off. That's all. I'm just defending the little guys like ACE and Truvalue and Mom and Pop hardware stores.

SON1C

Established Member
There is an extreme amount of misinformation. Ace has a price match policy, however it's not one that takes a huge loss on product. The simple fact is you aren't pricing matching anyone, you've artificially created a fake price. One that loses companies a ton of money. I can tell you for a fact that it costs a lot more than 2 bucks to buy plastidip. Pricing in Ace is also up to the people who run the store, there are varying levels of prices. Most of the time, yes Ace will be higher. Much like Walmart is cheaper than most places same goes for the huge box "hardware" stores. What you get out of an Ace is people who know what they are doing/talking about. However, I suppose if you want to get upset about people not losing money on their product then telling them to stay away that's up to you but good luck with Lowe's when you need someone to tell you how to do something. I will leave it at that.
I told the viewers to avoid ace hardware in this video in the context of if you are looking to price match plastidip @ ace its impossible. I'm not bashing any companies, I like ace they give me the best customer service w/ questions etc always someone available to help me. I was just relaying relevant information to viewers. Also to reiterate my point, they explicitly told me that they do not price match. They do not price match anything, for any reason, at any time. That was at the fairfax store, I'm not saying all ace but I simply assumed that was case since my experience with ace hardware is limited to one location.

SON1C

Established Member

you're spot on maverick

SON1C

Established Member

Yeah my reasoning behind saying that is simply if you're looking to price match plastidip save your gas by not going to ace lol. (all based on the fact they will not price match ime)

simply used my phone, used the home depot pictures of gun metal and red

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
I guess my bias made me misunderstand your comment. It came off to me as if to avoid ACE's all together and I apologize for cluttering the thread. Please keep sticking it to Home Depot and Lowe's!

Users who are viewing this thread