Want to file a stall complaint with the NHTSA?

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
that might be a good idea. Luckily, my car has stalled once or twice in 23,000 miles. It hasn't done it since the 10,000 mark I think, so its not really a problem for me. But other people have it worse.

caveman6666

V8 Ford, V Twin Hogs.
Established Member
Mine's never stalled, but it seems to be enough of a problem that this may help getting solved.

TRDNiteLife

UVBNBIT
Established Member
Maybe we should file a complaint against Ford for making cars. :-D

CobraSS

Established Member
Mine never stalled (only 1,000 miles) until I removed the silencer and put a K&N drop in filter in. Then it stalled several times (at least 4-6 times a week. I just put a 10" power stack filter on and it hasn't stalled once [fingers crossed] in a week. It doesn't even act like it is going to like it use to.

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
Mine has never stalled (knocks on wood) but I feel for you guys that have the stall. Its hard to believe Ford still hasn't come up with a "fix" yet..

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
There are a ton of complaints by owners on that site per year. The one's that haven't caused accidents or death usually wind up at the bottom of the pile.

Doesn't hurt to file a complaint, especially if you get into and accident. :shrug:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Mine hasn't stalled since the beginning of Fall.

Friendchicken

Mine stalled once a week till I got my Predator... not a single stall since (1.5 months)

rskdsk

Established Member
My car is completely stock ... stalls a few times per week ... and my dealer already told me that they can not fix it. I can tell when it is going to stall ... I push in the cluch and watch the RPMs ... if it dips below 500 ... it is gonna stall and I try to recover it. It does not matter if the TC is on or off. Mine seems to happen more when it is colder ... not sure why.
Some people have stated that by putting on a aircharger ... the problem goes away ... others say it makes it worse. I do not believe that Ford know how to fix the stall ... that is why we have been waiting two weeks since last June.
I have filed with the NHTSA ... along with about 50 other people, maybe it will help.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Originally posted by rskdsk
My car is completely stock ... stalls a few times per week ... and my dealer already told me that they can not fix it. I can tell when it is going to stall ... I push in the cluch and watch the RPMs ... if it dips below 500 ... it is gonna stall and I try to recover it. It does not matter if the TC is on or off. Mine seems to happen more when it is colder ... not sure why.
Some people have stated that by putting on a aircharger ... the problem goes away ... others say it makes it worse. I do not believe that Ford know how to fix the stall ... that is why we have been waiting two weeks since last June.
I have filed with the NHTSA ... along with about 50 other people, maybe it will help.

Hmm... does your stall because the rolling idle is below 950 RPM's? Or does it dip drastically from 950+ RPM's?

Users who are viewing this thread