Want to install JLT intake!

Soon2bGT500

Established Member
So ive had my jlt intake sitting in my closet now for weeks! Waiting for the cash flow to come in and order me up a SCT tuner!

Tomorrow is a huge car meet and i very badly want to install my jlt intake for it! Is it terrible to put it on with the stock tune? If so i DEFFINATLY will not install it. Let me know :)

Thanks guys!

Bouttime09

Oh, it's not 5.0?
Established Member
are u guys for real? what could more air possibly hurt. the car will make adjustments accordingly on its own...will it not? granted i drive a 96 so a little diff. but i havent tuned mine and everything is great.

Spawn

mmjax.com webmaster
Established Member
The S197 will run lean if you don't tune for a CAI. They CPU is very persnickety and it will not act right unless you tune for it. As bad as you feel just imaging if you hurt the motor. Just wait till you get a programmer. Also make sure they leave the options to do some adjustment on your own. If you change a small part like say gears you can adjust the tune till you get back to a tuner. If you have a wide band you can do little tweaks but I dont really recommend the NOVICE from making the engine adjustments if you are not sure what you are doing. It wont take much to damage a engine in the wrong hands.

Users who are viewing this thread