Want to lose a lot of weight!

trplblacksnake

Alcohol disposal unit!
Established Member
Want to loose alot of weight!

Well I want to drop some weight. I eat right and excersize as much as I can which isnt often and I still dont seem to loose anything. I have heard of stuff like all protein diets and stuff but Ive also heard you can gain it all back when you start back to your regular eating. Right now Im 285 lbs and Im right at 6' tall I want to drop at least 50 lbs I would like to drop more but I figured 50 is a good round number plus I hope it will help my quarter mile times. Once again any suggestions.

GreyCobra_03

Lurch
Established Member
Tapeworms... works like a charm.

Speaking of which, I think I will propose a new weight loss regimen on late night TV. As well as tapeworms work, I am surprised that no one has tried this technique yet. I could call the show "Your Personal Friend Within". You could have a "Adopt-A-Tapeworm" program.
We could even introduce celebrity tapeworms as a special one time offer, free with risk free purchase! The Allie McBeal tapeworm would be a HUGE smash!

Think we got a winner here? Or is it just the week of 12 hr nights getting to me?

Zig'sbird

Established Member
I just recently read of a good exercise method.

On a stationary bike, warm up for 5.

After the 5 minutes, 'sprint' for 6 seconds.

Next, take it easy for 9 seconds.

Sprint again for 6 seconds

Do it until either 20 minutes are up or you are completely worn out.

The article that I read stated that it will burn up to 40% more fat as opposed to keeping a constant speed.

Hope it works for you.

SohowcomeHottie

SVT Goddess
Established Member
I, personally, an anti-Atkins, I know it seems like everyone and their dog are doing that diet, but I PERSONALLY won't do it, and it is simply because when I did a low carb strict diet like that when I was pregnant with my son due to gestational diabetes, when I returned to regular lifestyle of eating I PILED on the pounds, literally.

I am simply watching what I eat and exercising, but I take close account to what I'm soaking in my body. I don't know how different men's bodies are versus women's.

All I can say is I have lowered my fat content greatly, simply not eating as much, and because of that I don't have to eat as much. My friend did the same exact thing is has kept her weight off going on 6 months now with regular exercise.

But I've lost almost 40 pounds this way so not sure what else to suggest. It's all in how you choose to keep eating after you diet, you simply cannot run back to the foods that cause you gain the weight.

505BB

Smoke em if ya got em
Established Member
Originally posted by SohowcomeHottie
I don't know how different men's bodies are versus women's.

They are quite different, female hormones (Such as Estrogen, and Progesterone) want to hold onto fat during the reproductive years of the females life. On the other side of the scale, males have two times more muscle mass than women, and testosterone does not really need fat in many cases, so it is easier to burn for the men than it is for the women.
I dont think its good to just shoot to losing 50 lbs of weight. You should set your sights to a target BF%, Fat Mass, and FFM. Because if you just want to lose "weight" you may lose muscle as well.
Im not on any of these diet type stuff, I just changed what I eat and how I eat. The 3 meal a day system is not good for the body, it doesnt keep the metabolism working constantly, it can shut down in the long periods in between meals. So I instead of eating, 3 large meals a day eat 6-8 small meals a day. This keeps the metabolism working constantly therefore burning more calories.
Dont let anyone tell you that lifting weights wont burn fat, their wrong. Lifting weights uses energy, and that has to come from somewhere. Where better than your stored energy (fats)? Lifting weights will help burn the fats, but it needs to be coupled with cardio.
Alot of people think a longer, low intensity cardio session is better to burn fats. But thats just wrong, the higher intensity the more calories will be burned, and the more fat will come off. You should be within 75-80% of you max HR. You cant get that from taking a light stroll on the treadmill like you see so many doing at the gyms.

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
A low carb diet, is really the most effective and fastest way. I would not completely stop eating carbs, but drastically cut down. That diet and lots of cardio, and you will lost those 50 pounds in about 4 months. But like anything, you have to work hard and stick to the plan. You will feel a little weak after the first few days of doing a low carb diet, but after that you are good for about 4 pound loss per week. Good luck.

Blackgeetee

Established Member
I eat lots of carbs because I need the energy. If I don't eat enough I feel like a zombie. If I had a sit down job, or wasn't active I would cut it back though because I wouldn't need as much energy.:beer:

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
setup a good work out system...get a book about it, arnold schwarzeneggers encyclopedia is my bible, low carb, high protein diet. Usually during the week days, my breakfast and lunch is Jamba Juice. Delicious and nutricious...

After a hard day's work, nothing is better then hitting a rack of weights.

Once u get in this routine, your body will be asking to go to the gym! And you will feel sluggish when you dont go!

Im at 19 inch biceps and counting.......

GoatDaddy

To hell with nutrition, try Hydroxycut or Xenadrine. You'll be bouncing off the walls and you might even die, but you'll lose weight.

SohowcomeHottie

SVT Goddess
Established Member
Originally posted by snail50
To hell with nutrition, try Hydroxycut or Xenadrine. You'll be bouncing off the walls and you might even die, but you'll lose weight.

LMAO that is such a snail response if I ever heard one. :lol:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Well Ben if you want to go that route. Cocaine is the best route. Coke heads are usually wafer thin. They dont want food, they just want their next fix!!!

Wild Bill

Established Member
I eat all I want of meat veg(except potatoes)and fruit.No bread,pasta,or starches. I do that 5 days a week.On my weekends or vacation I eat what I want.Do not be too strict as you wont be able to do it long term.It is better to pig out one day than to cheat a little everyday.Moderate regular excersize is key,5 days a week.Take off the weekends.Consistency is the biggest factor.Your goal is only to loose weight and to tone up.Thaat can be accomplished at home with 30-45 min a day 5 days a week.Make sure you cover all muscle groups,and do a lot of reps.I used Frank Shamrocks tapes as they show how to improve strength,speed,flexibility and coordination,in a very short time.Every other day you can mix in weights if you want.

GoatDaddy

Originally posted by FordSVTFan
Well Ben if you want to go that route. Cocaine is the best route. Coke heads are usually wafer thin. They dont want food, they just want their next fix!!!

Wouldn't touch the stuff; I'd starve myself first.

Users who are viewing this thread