Want to lose a lot of weight!

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
Re: Want to loose alot of weight!

Originally posted by trplblacksnake
Well I want to drop some weight. I eat right and excersize as much as I can which isnt often and I still dont seem to loose anything. I have heard of stuff like all protein diets and stuff but Ive also heard you can gain it all back when you start back to your regular eating. Right now Im 285 lbs and Im right at 6' tall I want to drop at least 50 lbs I would like to drop more but I figured 50 is a good round number plus I hope it will help my quarter mile times. Once again any suggestions.

i thought you found a good rear seat delete kit:(

97whitecobra

Established Member
I would talk to a nutritionist about Atkins. I know people who have done it and the good news is it seems to work pretty good...........till you stop!

More importantly I believe it is not healthy, but whackin down 12 beers every night prob. isn't either and a lot of people do it. Good luck though with whatever you choose.

SohowcomeHottie

SVT Goddess
Established Member
Originally posted by 97whitecobra
I would talk to a nutritionist about Atkins. I know people who have done it and the good news is it seems to work pretty good...........till you stop!

I tend to agree.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by Scoriox
atkins!

15 and dropping

This only works for so long. Not that many people are dedicated to maintain the loss of weight. :shrug:

Sister goes on it every month it seems like & she expects me to be supportive :bash:

( Do i look like i lost weight? ... so tierd of the questions. NO! is my answer)

97greensnake

cUban cRime wAve
Established Member
i tried atkins and it gave me high colestoral, i wouldnt recommend it if ur looking to lose alot of weight over a period of time. The best thing to do is go hardcore for half a year and just WORK OUT and eat right, ive been workin out all summer and just eating decently, and ive lose 15lbs in 1 1/2 months, nowhere near my goal of 100 and be diesel, but im still starting. i was at 285 and i said theres no way ima weigh 300 in FAT, so im goin hardcore! I wanna be in the best shape of my life by the time im 21, 10months to go!!

Last edited:

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Everyone's body is different, and what may work for one person may not work for another. The Atkins diet is effective, if you plan on doing it for the rest of your life. Once you get off that diet, the weight will be right back on, and quickly too. After my mother got sick and was on a very high dose of steroids and other meds, she gained over 100lbs. She's been on the Atkins diet for 2 years and looks fantastic, but it's not for everyone.

The best way for me personally to lose weight is a low fat diet. 5-7 small meals per day. Never eating past 6-7pm. Weight training (lighter weights, more reps) mixed with cardio (generally cycling since running is too hard on my knees). And daily vitamins with lots of water thoughout the day. Like I said, doesn't work for everyone, but it works for me. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
I really think its all in how much u put in ur mouth. Small amounts should do but some folks can eat beyond.

Dont understand...but my sister just loves food.

GoatDaddy

I got up to 235 once, solid, but flabbier than I liked, and I had no stamina. I mean, just yanking it for five minutes had me gasping for breath, so I decided to lose some weight. I started eating everything very lean, cutting the fat off all meats, cooking with Pam, no butter, mayo, drinking only 2% milk. I also really cut back my portions, hence my caloric intake. I dropped the weight like you wouldn't believe, getting down to 180 in about ten months, but I felt like the walking dead. I had no energy, it was murder just getting out of bed in the morning, I had killer headaches and I'd get really shaky between meals. So I upped my portions, started eating a little more fat, had light snacks between meals, and made sure I ate a lot of protein (tuna, steak, egg whites, protein supplements), and the weight came back but I was solid and fairly ripped. I felt much better, looked great (except I couldn't find a suit to fit me with a 31" waist and 47" chest). I went up to about 195 on that diet.
THen I got married, went up to 210, saw that I was getting flabby again, so I started eating better. Now back to 200. If only I could get into the gym!!

I think WIld Bill was saying how he had very good results just by eating right.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
There were two previous Atkins threads. Both myself and Callie discussed in detail the effectiveness of the diet and the downfalls. Basically Atkins is a killer diet for fast and effective weight loss. As with any diet it requires a lifestyle change to maintain that weight loss. So you cant lose weight and then expect to go back to eating the way you were without gaining weight back, regardless of the diet program. Atkins is also healthy, people who have a cholesterol gain are the ones not following the Atkins protocol properly.

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
Exercise. Or, post on this Forum. Leaping to conclusions and running off at the mouth are good for at least 25 pounds of mental flab.

After my open heart surgery, I started running 1-2 miles per day. Dropped 40 pounds. Tough to keep it off, though, you have to watch diet (low carb, low fat diet was best for me) and I started attending body scultping (Pilates) classes with my wife. That really works.

Users who are viewing this thread