Want to order 2012, but terrified of MT-82 problems

SVT_4_me

Established Member
I think jmatero has Münchausen syndrome.

no, he just has a ****ed up car that ford will not fix. he is doing the right thing in fighting ford and making other people aware of this problem before they make the same mistake he, i, and many others have made...

chuckstang

Established Member
Do us all a favor and find something else to buy. You'll just become one of the people who bitches and moans about everything on the car. Hell you're already complaining about a car you havn't even bought yet.

off topic but shit your car looks sick. What tires do you have on those rts and what did you lower it with?

And to the thread starter- buy it! I have no complaints, love it! :rockon: Mine is a DD and gets better with each mile...3k miles to date.

Mika

Established Member
no, he just has a ****ed up car that ford will not fix. he is doing the right thing in fighting ford and making other people aware of this problem before they make the same mistake he, i, and many others have made...

Is it possible that the dealer that he's been bringing it to isn't capable of fixing it? Meaning the folks that work at that dealer more or less have a bunch of 'tards working there? Not trying to stir up the bees nest, but just wondering how come this one guy has had such a hard time getting his car fixed. Has another dealer been used?

Edit: I had a notchy 1-2 shift, but had the gear oil replaced in the trans per TSB, and I'm 100% happy with the car now.

Mika

SVT_4_me

Established Member
regardless of his complaining, i have seen the videos of his car and it is legitimately ****ed up. my car was ****ed up too, not nearly as bad but it was getting worse and it only had 1600 miles... the transmission issues with the MT-82 are real, there is no getting around it.

chuckstang

Established Member
Is it possible that the dealer that he's been bringing it to isn't capable of fixing it? Meaning the folks that work at that dealer more or less have a bunch of 'tards working there? Not trying to stir up the bees nest, but just wondering how come this one guy has had such a hard time getting his car fixed. Has another dealer been used?

Edit: I had a notchy 1-2 shift, but had the gear oil replaced in the trans per TSB, and I'm 100% happy with the car now.

Mika

What is the oil used per the tsb or do you have a copy/link of that tsb?

WHITEMACH

Established Member
MY TRANS WAS LOCKED IN 5TH GEAR LIKE IN THE VIDEO!,this is what happened to my trans in the car ,,,what happens is debris get logged in the shift gate!! it will never come outta gear unless it is taken apart,in my case it was a piece of first gear,,,if it hasnt happened to you count yourself lucky,but to say it doesnt happen only shows your Naive! FYI ICALL THIS PROOF! and i hope this helps has fluid part number and revised clutch assembly#
img7493km.jpg

Last edited:

chuckstang

Established Member
ahhh makes sense now. sorta what happened with the early gt500s.

clutch issues if not fixed would destroy the tranny

WHITEMACH

Established Member
i dont know :shrug:either way just glad its fixed:) i think it was caused by the fact it had been to the dealer 2wice before and they called it normal.dont know what caused the whinning,but having loose bolts cant be good for anything.

Last edited:

lxcoupe5liter

Established Member
sounds stupid but what does #8 refer to?,hope'n to get 1 next summer ....& the manual has a no shift or notchy shift issue or poss.a combo of both? ive read the atuo seems be pretty decent for a auto

Timeless

TK-421
Established Member

Perhaps they have removed themselves due to it being in the lemon law process?

If not, I believe there is more to the story that we do not know.

nicksender

Established Member
I don't know if this is the correct place to ask this; but I'll take the liberty....

Say I want to purchase a used 2011/12 GT; I believe I am at risk of purchasing a car that was modified, de-modded for sale/sold as stock by the owner and was never taken to the dealer.

If that car had a tune and I didn't know about it; wouldn't I be SOL when I take the car in the first time for warranty work and the dealer ends up voiding the warranty?

I guess that's a risk we all have to take when we buy a used performance car; especially in light of all the recent issues. I guess I'm just thinking out loud here; sorry.

SicShelby09

Banned
I don't know if this is the correct place to ask this; but I'll take the liberty....

Say I want to purchase a used 2011/12 GT; I believe I am at risk of purchasing a car that was modified, de-modded for sale/sold as stock by the owner and was never taken to the dealer.

If that car had a tune and I didn't know about it; wouldn't I be SOL when I take the car in the first time for warranty work and the dealer ends up voiding the warranty?

I guess that's a risk we all have to take when we buy a used performance car; especially in light of all the recent issues. I guess I'm just thinking out loud here; sorry.

Yes you would be SOL. Better have the dealer run an oasis report on the VIN to see what service has been performed and to see if they have already denied warranty coverage for anything. They should do it for you without question if you ask. It costs nothing, and should be ran just like you would a carfax.

04sonicbeast

Established Member
I think ford is fixing the problems on the trans on new builds because I ordered my 12 July 5th and went to the dealer to check on my status and it turns out the manual cars for retail were not made when they're were supposed to two weeks ago, so now my car is gonna be built the end of august. Because of this trans issue. There werent any specific details to what the problem was but it seems like ford is doing something about it on te new builds.

wbt

Banned
I think ford is fixing the problems on the trans on new builds because I ordered my 12 July 5th and went to the dealer to check on my status and it turns out the manual cars for retail were not made when they're were supposed to two weeks ago, so now my car is gonna be built the end of august. Because of this trans issue. There werent any specific details to what the problem was but it seems like ford is doing something about it on te new builds.

OK so you say your new car is being delayed because Ford is doing something to the transmission but you don't know what or have any facts behind it?

Are you speculating or do you have information to support this claim?

Do you think there may have been a parts supply issue or possibly they are running behind due to demand?

The dealer should be able to get the exact cause for the delay and relay to you.

I grow tired of heresy.....

Users who are viewing this thread