Wanted: MSRP Dealership for 07/08 GT500

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
crispy23c said:
By the way, Chris B.....how's your fight coming with Ford? Are you guys done or still around? Sorry I had to ask, I have been absent from this site for a bit, and you seem like a decent, knowledgeable guy.

Currently at a standstill. They stopped doing what they did to us with other dealers because of us. Its going to be a process. We're focusing on heavy trucks and used cars now. Our sign is still up, however.

crimecrusher

Established Member
Remember when the '03 Terminator came out? MSRP +5K. In March of 03 I tried to purchase a Terminator and couldn't get MSRP. In October of the same year, I got an 03 Terminator on X-plan and a $2500 ford rebate. The dealer had 7 Terminators on the lot at the time. I don't think we'll ever get a rebate on a GT500 but I do expect to purchase one X-plan by next Feb.

I turn 40 in Feb. of 08 and I expect to buy a GT500 for my B-Day. Now, only the very weathly are buying the GT500...when the production numbers start showing up and dealers have 5+ sitting on the lot, they will deal. It won't be long till we start seeing GT500's sitting next to each other outside on the lots.

cobracide

Established Member
chuckstang said:
Ya I just dont understand all the hoopla about the current Shelby's, those days are long over.
Ford/SVT built the car, Shelby had no more of an input than we did, the consumer.
Its laughable how many people are buying these things as an investment.
There are very few cars today that could be considered collective in the near future and they usually have production runs under a 1000 not 8000 for 2-3 years!

You've already answered your own question. One word.

SHELBY

If it was left as an svt, we'd all have one by now. The collector weasles with the cash (and won't drive it anyways) would have never given it a second look. Shelby hype, that's all it is. Love the man, hate the name on this car.

cobracide

Established Member
WorkHorse09 said:
Remember SVT saying that they wouldn't release definitive production numbers, but that "there will be enough for everyone." That was before the GT500's even hit the showrooms tho, so that might have changed.

Specifically, that was Hau Thai-Tang. He's full of it.

Users who are viewing this thread